Re Baptized in The 1970's ( ? )

by The 6 Replies latest jw friends

• The
    The

I've been speaking to a few older ones that were baptized twice as JWs .. If my memory is correct ,it was around the time that Baptism figures took a steep rise.

Could this be a major contributing factor for this rise? Were these ( baptisms ) added to the figures?

" The "

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Hello The.

I heard of one JW who got re-Baptised as she didn't feel mature enough at her original Baptism and wanted to 'do it properly'

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

My mom was re-baptized in the early 70's. She said it was because she wasn't mature enough to understand the first time, at 14 I think.....now I believe she and Dad were doing the nasty before they got married and she was trying to make it right.

lisa

• Mystery
    Mystery

If you can be rebaptised due to

she didn't feel mature enough at her original Baptism and wanted to 'do it properly'
    My mom was re-baptized in the early 70's. ; She said it was because she wasn't mature enough to understand the first time, ; at 14 I think

Why can't you disassociate yourself for being baptised due to not feeling you were mature enough at your original Baptism?

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

I never heard of this The!

what reasons did these re-baptized ones give you? was it something of there own thoughts or was it "encouraged" by the society?

• Poztate
    Poztate

I knew a young married couple who were rebaptised in the early 70's. The reason they gave was that they were both baptised as children.

Before they were married they did some naughty stuff and were both Df'ed.They believed that their first dunking was invalid because of their youth and I guess they found a PO or CO who agreed with them. I don't know how common this practice was but it did happen.

• vitty
    vitty

I also knew a woman who was rebaptized, because she felt she hadnt done it for the right reasons the first time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit