ymca and christianity

by aoxo 13 Replies latest social physical

• blondie
    blondie

pinatas used to be baaaaaaaaaaaad but now:

*** g04 7/8 p. 30 From Our Readers ***

Piñatas I read with interest the article "The Piñata—An Ancient Tradition." (September 22, 2003) It left me with some questions. The ties to false religion are well-documented. But the article seemed to take the position that as long as it doesn’t bother someone’s conscience, it is OK. What about birthdays and holidays such as Christmas?

S. W., United States

"Awake!" responds: Christians refrain from any celebrations or customs that continue to involve false religious beliefs or activities that violate Bible principles. For example, the Bible definitely puts birthday celebrations in a bad light. (Genesis 40:20; Matthew 14:6-10) However, if it is very obvious that a custom has no current false religious significance and involves no violation of Bible principles, each Christian must make a personal decision as to whether he will follow such a custom.

• loosie
    loosie

A friend of mine said the body of elders told her that you can't join the ymca because you have to sign the mission statement.

But you can have the ymca watch your kids in the after school program, because you don't have to sign the mission statement to do that.

• blondie
    blondie

Loosie, then I could drop my kids off at the local church daycare as long as I'm not a member.

Or I could paint the steeple of the church down the road, as long as I'm not a member.

What Pharisees!!!!!!!!!!!!

• loosie
    loosie
    What Pharisees!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can say that again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit