Do you still refer to God as Jehovah?

by nomoreTRUTHplz 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I don't use the name Jehovah because I don't want to be tied to JWs in any way shape or form. I don't pray very often but when I do, I use God.

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

i realize this is a cultural thang, but i called my parents by their first name and my child called me by my first name. i think anything spoken respectfully is acceptable. i don't think god cares how you pronounce his name...he doesn't expect us to be able to speak a dead language, he expects us to be respectful...respectful of him, respectful of his son, and respectful of each other.

• ferret
    ferret

Our Father who art in heaven, not Jehovah. not even mentioned in NT.

• lowden
    lowden

The god of the bible was a war monger, him called Jehovah. A bad tempered tyrant that gave his people a law that they couldn't live up to in their wildest dreams. A god who commited genocide of such proportions that he can only be compared to the Hitlers and Stalins and Pol Pots of this modern era. A god who wanted to be worshipped out of quiverring, quaking fear. If i want to address a god it would be one that truly loved me. I will NOT address Jehovah!

Peace

Lowden

• serendipity
  • ButtLight
    ButtLight

I do! I dont pray very often, but when I do, I always refer to him as Jehovah. I dont know of any other god, born and raised in the "truth". Someone else made the comment that it doesnt really matter if you still do, I agree with that. I havent lost faith in Jehovah, I have lost faith in the wrong doing of the WTS. OK, give me hell.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Jehovah is a name associated with the Mosaic law and the early christians did not use it, the revival of its use is mainly a JW phenomenon they not only use this name but also they made it far more prominent than the name of Christ who is the direct head of the church.

So I don't like using if not anything else it smacks too much of Judaism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit