With the "new" DF'd announcement what do JW's elders say about ex-jws?

by booker-t 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• booker-t
    booker-t

With the new way JW's elders "kick" someone out what do they say when they are referring to an ex-jws? Do they say "Susie Smith" is Disfellowshipped? Susie Smith is Disassociated? Or do they just say Susie Smith is "no longer one of JW's? Did they change all of their DF congregration cards to just say "No longer one of JW's" cards? I am confused. People have been referring to ex-jws as being Disfellowshipped or Disassociated for a million years now they have to wipe out these terms from their speech? Is it not Politically correct to referr to someone as DF'd or DA'd? What happens if the "no longer a JW's" person wants to come back what will the JW's elders say now? Susie Smith is once again a JW's? This is so comical. Like the Artist formerly known as Prince.

• carla
    carla

Like the Artist formerly known as Prince.--ha, maybe that's why he joined the jw's, it all makes perfect sense to him.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

In ingnorant hating JW tradition they will and still are referring to these as Df'd!!!!!!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sure the continue to put DA or DF on their internal memos and forms to the WTS. I do wonder what they say now when someone is reinstated?

• fish
    fish

In my "Organized to Do Jehovah's Will" book it still uses the term 'disfellowshipped' and 'disassociated'. There's nothing that suggests those terms are no longer correct or to be used. The CHANGE is in how the accouncement is made to the congregation....both are now simply announced as, "(name of person) is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

When they're reinstated it says the announcement is to be, "(name of person) is reinstated as one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

• MissBehave
    MissBehave
    Like the Artist formerly known as Prince.

Are you talking about "the unbaptized publisher formerly known as the artist formerly known as Prince now known as Brother Prince but referred to in writing by the internationally recognized symbol for falling rocks"? That guy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit