UPSET!

by LaCatolica 23 Replies latest jw friends

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

My husband and his mother invited me to their Memorial and I asked my hubby that he should come with me to Easter Sunday Mass. He told me that he couldn't go b/c he took an OATH. I said that all he had to do was sit there and listen...no harm in that! He said nothing and that was it. I kindly joined them for the Memorial...sat there and actually listened, stood up, out of respect, during their badly sung opening song, read along with the Bible during the lecture, and stood up again at the end. Endured minutes of love bombing from the members!!! Yes...I did!

Come Easter Sunday, my husband DID NOT, I repeat, DID NOT, come with me and my family to Mass. I was hurt and upset. He stayed home alone and slept. He didn't even mention it or even asked how it went once we got back. Easter Mass was great and a lot more interesting than the Memorial. He would've liked it. I didn't mention anything else to him in regards to this, but I will...don't you worry! It's just not fair...all I know is that next time I get invited to any of their functions, I WILL NOT GO!!! Period.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Sorry to say LaCatolica just another example of the one-sided, arrogant, condescending attitude Dubs display. To bad it has to be your hubby

Dismembered

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

YA! TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Well at least you know how to get out of any future attempts to take you to teh kingdom hall - you can refuse on the grounds that he is not willing to be open minded and share your religious experience with you. However if he does go to a service in another church then that is considered a disfellowshipping offence - ie idolatry - serving another God by attending a ceremony of worship. Its not fair I know, but he's not allowed to go. However I would make a bit of a fuss in a nice way and ask why he made such an oath - what does his god have to fear about him going to investigate other religions? Is his God/faith so weak that one visit to another church would convert him or change his mind? Use every opportunity to make him think and ask questions. The very nature of the JWs is to be close minded and only by asking questions that they can;t answer easily or rationally will they be forced to break free of that mould. Be gentle - its not his fault - he's brainwashed.

• kls
    kls

Sorry you are upset but did you really believe he would attend a Church of the devil? This is the world of jws ,onesided and the only side that counts is theirs . They will step on and hurt anyone that comes between them and their god and people .

It's a hard way to learn that jws do not feel or play fair but now you will be ready for the next time .

I am married to a jw and know all the hurt they can dish out, but now i am as strong as steel and he nor any jw will ever break me again.

((((((((hugs ))))))))

• carla
    carla

I get this at my house as well, family members too. Jw's always ask people to things they are not willing to do themselves. Go to the memorial or public talk, etc...but will not go to someone elses service, examine YOUR beliefs not their own, look at what Christendom is doing (all evil) but not look into their own org. The list goes on.. That's why you shouldn't trust a jw, they may use deceptive methods to get people to go their functions but when push comes to shove they will not reciprocate.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Most JWs won't attend any religious function because they think all other religions are false and are worshiping Satan.

If they invite you to it again tell them you don't want to watch people insult Jesus by publicly rejecting him, contrary to the command he gave for all to eat and drink the bread and wine.

W

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

I can understand you're being upset, but I also understand where your husband is coming from. I was raised a JW for over 50 years, finding the "truth" for the last 4. I would have done the same thing. I remember my best friend in school invited me to her "worldly" wedding in her church and I didn't go. I couldn't mix "truth" with "false", going to a "false religious" church. I've felt very badly all these years, especially since she came to my wedding at the Kingdom Hall and had a good time. In the last 41 years we have spoken only a few times, and not recently, so I recently called her and said how sorry I was and how this bothered me so much over the years. She was very kind and forgiving, even though she said it didn't bother her. How loving and Christian she was. We have renewed an online friendship again, after these 40 years. As a JW you take the scripture seriously that says you can't be drinking of the "cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons". Perhaps by your checking out some of the subjects talked about on this forum, like the 607 BC "headache", you'll be able to ask some questions of your husband that he can't answer, getting him to begin doing "research". Your husband would be considered an "apostate" if he went to another church service. He didn't mind that you might be and "apostate" from your religion. Best of luck.

Little Bo Peep

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Sorry you feel so bad, but you know....don't let his actions determine how you feel. regarding taking an "oath".... oh pleaseeeeee... Nazis took an oath too. Let this one go, however you might want to play mind games with him....

If he brings up oath again, dimiss it with a "well, that's one way to keep you guys all in line and closed-minded".

If he talks about you attending another meeting, maybe retort "the boring memorial was enough to last me a lifetime. I need something more spiritual, something....oh, I don't know, something that God would actually approve of".

Bottom line: His 'religon' is lightweight, a counterfeit, silly, yet abusive.... It's to be 'dismissed' as not worth your time to think about and move on. Don't give it any power.... deflate it like a pierced ballon...then ignore it.

• carla
    carla

something that God would actually approve of".---hahaha, youv'e got listening devices at my house?!! sounds like me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit