now THIS would be funny.. and effective!

by osmosis 11 Replies latest jw friends

• osmosis
  • collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

There's nothing there - I can't see it!

• osmosis
    osmosis

ungh..

If there are any active JWs on here with talk-giving priveleges, consider this an open challenge.

The idea is simple, give a talk at your local KH about 607BCE. Everything about this talk would be as per usual, except instead of using whacktower for reference, use real references. Then the dates would not be as expected, then things just wouldn't add up, like in the real world.

If anyone says anything, you could quote a lengthy list of secular references.

• osmosis
    osmosis

The whole key to it being funny would be for the talk giver to pretend not to notice that the dates are out of whack, until someone finally notices the emperor is naked.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Oh... I wish I could do that... maybe I could give a number 3 or 4 talk with a householder on that... lol, that would be really funny. I wonder if the householder would go for that.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I suspect that the average witness would think that because he didn't understand a word you said, it must have been really deep, and you'd gone to a lot of work to prove the reality of 1914 from secular sources.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It wouldn't work if you used secular sources. You would have to use the 1965 WT, Babylon book and IT volumes.

Secular sources are from the Devil and will get their Apostate Spotting glands working overtime.

• free2beme
    free2beme

An empty space, very funny

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Everything about this talk would be as per usual, except instead of using whacktower for reference, use real references. Then the dates would not be as expected, then things just wouldn't add up, like in the real world.

Osmosis - I believe that using the Watchtower's OWN dates/numbers/calculations the result is NOT 607!!

• osmosis
    osmosis

uhm it's not 607? then what's this 607 stuff I've heard so much about?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit