You're not allowed to say anything to Jesus

by JH 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thankyou scully,

Much appreciated.

I need to visit ozzie for a crash course in using the WTCD.

When the invisible Jesus came to Brooklyn Bethel in 1919 he bought a sack full of square brackets [very handy for adding what the bible writers forgot] unreal.

20 What, then, is Christ’s role in this program of salvation? Paul proceeds to say: "There is one God, and one mediator between God and men [not, all men], a man Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all."—1 Tim. 2:5, 6.

:::

The Watchtower talks out of both sides of their mouths.

Blondie

Never was truth more plain. I've often said "every scripture has an equal and opposite scripture" ..perhaps every Watchtower point has it's equal and opposite as well.
  • A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Though he is not their legal Mediator

What kind of talk is that ?

• Scully
    Scully

It's the kind of talk you'd expect from a Religion™ that spends more on its Legal Department than it does on charity for its followers in need.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    It's the kind of talk you'd expect from a Religion™ that spends more on its Legal Department than it does on charity for its followers in need.

LOL - scully is spot on A Paduan - that whole 'watchtower article™' was dripping with legal references and illustrations™: "just as an attorney might ...blah blah blah ..." [pity I lost the link or I'd more accurately quote it]

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Acts 7: 59 And they went on casting stones at Stephen as he made appeal and said: “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”

Does that mean Stephen was apostasizing just as he was dying? According to JWs he would have been one of the 144,000, but according to their doctrine he should not have been directing his words to Jesus.

W

• TwoBlackBelts
    TwoBlackBelts

It's all complete and utter twaddle.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

If Jesus is our 'brother', why couldn't we talk to him? Why, would it be a crime? We know we have to go through Jesus to get to God...right? Heck, we have to probably also go through an angel and then to Jesus and then to God.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I passed Jesus a note in third period once and the elders put me on reproof.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Sounds like Jesus is being addressed in this prayer:

"Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen" (Revelation 22:20-21).
  • JH
    JH
    If Jesus is our 'brother', why couldn't we talk to him?

Well, that's just it.....he isn't our brother, he is the brother of the 144,000 only...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit