INACTIVE....FOR ALL TO SEE!!!!!!

by Gill 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gill
    Gill

My husband and myself have not been to a meeting for over 4 years now.

We learnt last night from my sister that our names are still pinned on a list of INACTIVE PUBLISHERS on the notice board at the back of the KH along with about 15 others!!!!!

I'm totally gobsmacked having considered ourselves successful faders!!!!

What the HELL do they think they're playing at?!!!

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Is that allowed???? I notice you are in the UK, Data protection forbids them from using your information if you have not given your permission within the last two years! I know you would not want to make an issue out of it, but it might want to be gently or anonomously pointed out that they are in breach of the law and could possibly be sued!

I had no ideas congregations did this with lists of names, shocking.

Poppy

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

they've must have gone through their publisher cards to pick through to find the ones who aren't "active."

hell, have someone pin a note saying "the ones who have not been visited by the elders" in over x period of time.

sorry to hear about that... you would think right?

wac

also: the society does not approve posting items as this ... only schedules. + the P.O. is responsible for whatever goes on the board - wac (x elder x Bethelite)

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

WHAT??? Why in the world would they pin that up in the back of the hall?? I have never heard of such a thing!! Has anyone else??

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Poppy! I had NO IDEA that they did this either!

Bloody hell! I might have been a little more proactive in forcing my mother and father to do something about it if I had know.

My sister recently left JW land. She was laughing about it when she told me because my face must have hit the floor!!! Apparantly we're still bleeding INACTIVE!!!!!!!!

Bloody Hell!!!! The Morons!!!! You'd think they'd have noticed we're not going back by now!!! How dare they try to embarrass people who do go to the flaming bloody meetings by doing something like that!!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

That means you are an open file. You are a baptized Witness who was a publisher and who is not now a publisher. That's inactive status. Your name on the list is proof of a successful fade. Congratulations!

• Gill
    Gill

The PO is a bit of a control freak however. He is also head of the local HLC and goes everywhere, whether driving or not with his hands free set on his ear, the idiot. He's ready at all times to rush to another hospital to 'save' a JW from a blood transfusion!!

If I'd have known....well, what would I have done? I don't know, but I'm thinking fast!!!!

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Gary! But how are they going to FORGET about us if our names are plastered on the KH notice board?

I want them to forget we exist not advertise, advertise, advertise the inactive!!!!

It just makes me bloody cross.

• Gill
    Gill

Actually I've just calculated that my husband has been inactive for 14 years and me for 5 years.

What right do they have to still stick our names on their notice board?

What can we legally do about this intrusion into our privacy?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

contact the C.O. ... if he is a true company man then he should take care of it. if course this must be done incognito ... That X is not following the guidelines with regards to posting items on the board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit