WHY?

by LaCatolica 17 Replies latest jw friends

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

Forgive me all, but I'm trying to understand things about the JWs. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!

Why do they have to go door to door?

Why are they so manipulated brainwashed by the WTS?

Why do they consider other faiths pagan or bad?

Who decided that birthdays are pagan celebrations and are thus BAD? What does one have to do with the other? I've never, in my 28 years of existance ever heard of birthdays being related to religion or God...only JWs do this.

Where in the Bible does it say that displaying flags is so BAD? Again, what does one thing have to do with the other?

Why do JWs take the Bible so literally for some things and then symbolically when it's convenient to them?

OK...that's cool for now...I have more, but I'll ask later!!!

( see I've asked my husband, but we just get into huge arguments and I don't like arguing...)

• Gander
    Gander

>> Why do JWs take the Bible so literally for some things and then symbolically when it's convenient to them?

Well, you answered your own question there I am afraid. Because it is convenient for them.

• KW13
    KW13

Firstly welcome to the board

Why do they have to go door to door? - They say this is because of matthew 24:14. Many DIFFERENT religions preach in many different ways, no one said "knock on doors" as the only method. Seems the witnesses only really do this though eh?

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

LOL....

Passage Matthew 24:14: 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

And who was the genius who said this means that people have to go "door to door" putting their lives in danger to preach...Isn't that what a church is for? People go to church to hear the word of the Lord, if they'd like.

(Cause, seriously, weren't you guys afraid of knocking on a door and finding yourselves in a dangerous position...it's far too dangerous this day in age! There are a lot of loonies out there...I grew up in NYC and there's no way I'd EVER go door to door for any reason...especially to preach to them about God. God will find a way to get through to people and people will seek Him when they are ready to.)

• KW13
    KW13

As for claiming certain things are pagan for example Birthdays e.t.c this is wrong. They reason that since Birthdays in the bible are not good ones then its wrong and also how its worshippin the indivdual by celebrating their birth and of course 'pagan' links.

In one of their mags (years ago) someone wrote in asking about a particular celebration and if it was wrong or not. the society said it was originally but thats not the purpose of it now so its ok. - Someone posted this on the board somewhere, if anyone would be kind enough to point that thread out then cool...if not sometime soon i will search.

• KW13
    KW13

Why do they consider other faiths pagan or bad?

Where in the bible does it say they are the true organization OR that God even needed one???? Did Jesus belong to a particular church?? it was about fellowship, upbuilding one another and not necessarily planned.

Surely its about Christ jesus? His Sarifice?

God himself said that he doesn't need representing by people or ORG. Can't remember the scripture but if i find it i will let ya know.

Look around the board however because i do know that there are DEEPER questions that will get to the pillars of his beliefs, you could show him just how flawed the Watchtower bible and tract Society are.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

g'day LaCatolica,

Pauls words in Acts 20:20 is the scripture the Watchtower Bible and Trap Society use to justify thier door to door ministry: "while I did not hold back from telling YOU any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching YOU publicly and from house to house."

cheers, unclebruce

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica
    As for claiming certain things are pagan for example Birthdays e.t.c this is wrong. They reason that since Birthdays in the bible are not good ones then its wrong and also how its worshippin the indivdual by celebrating their birth and of course 'pagan' links.

Yeah...my husband told me about the Biblical story reasoning for the Birthdays...which to me was ridiculous and I figured that whatever happened so long ago, has NOTHING to do with now. I just don't see the HARM in celebrating someone's birth (you are not worshipping them, but simply celebrating the fact that they were born and are still living = happiness!)..it's such an important day (in my p.o.v. and many others).

JWs are the only ones that do this, right?

BTW,HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE EX-JWs...May you happily celebrate all the birthdays you missed and all those to come!!! DON'T WORRY, IT'S OK!!!!!

• Undecided
    Undecided
    Why are they so manipulated brainwashed by the WTS?

Because they are told to read only the publications of the WTS because God appointed them the Faithful and Discrete Slave to feed them all the BS they need to know.

Ken P.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

1. Because they are a cult
    2. Because they are a cult
    3. Because they are a cult
    4. Because they are a cult
    5. Because they are a cult
    6. Because they are a cult

Share this

Google+
Pinterest