• moomanchu
    moomanchu

1. truly I tell you today,
    you will be with me in paradise.
    vs.
    2. truly I tell you,
    today you will be with me in paradise.

Doesn't #1 sound like yesterday Jesus wasn't telling the truth
    and he hasn't made up his mind about tomorrow.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

What I find amazing about this scritpure is how the WTS is able to use it to say something it dosn't. If Jesus was talking about that day, or a future day what differance does it make? Does it really PROVE BEYOND DOUBT that what the Watchtower says about everlasting life is correct. It's amazing how somebody can take something general, and then use it to prove things WAY BEYOND what it really says. What "proof"!

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

I don't think they emphasize the "truly I tell you today" in order to prove the earthly paradise, I think it's more a case of having to eliminate the other possible reading which contradicts that idea.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    you will be with me in paradise.

Will the robber be with Jesus in heavenly paradise? I don't recall heaven being refered to by JW's as paradise.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    What I find amazing about this scritpure is how the WTS is able to use it to say something it dosn't.

That's scripture - there's no obligation - so you can use it how you will

to some a savour of death, and to others a savour of life

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

There was a great discussion on this not long ago:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/110063/1.ashx

• Mrs.Congeniality
    Mrs.Congeniality

THE WAY I SEE IT IS NO MATTER HOW YOU READ THIS SCRIPTURE- JESUS SAID HE WOULD BE WITH HIM AND AS FAR AS I KNOW JESUS DOES NOT PLAN ON LIVING ON EARTH AGAIN.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

What I would like to know is how come this guy gets a free pass. He has lived his entire life sinning, never Baptized, never went to meetings, never went door to door and gets a guarantee of paradise.

I want what he has. When ever the WT thinks he gets it.

D Dog

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Thanks hellrider,

But I didn't see an explanation of "being in paradise today" which makes me wonder if the JW's do

have it right.

• heathen
    heathen

I think it just makes better sense to say that jesus was talking about a future event and not something that would take place on the day they died . Jesus did not ascend to heaven himself til 40 days after his resurrection . The jews were aware of the paradise earth but I don't think they knew about the co -ruler thing . Jesus did have authority to forgive sins so he did it because the criminal professed fait in him . IMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit