So My Husband is Going Through the Guilt Thing Again

by MrsBee 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrsBee
    MrsBee

He goes through this every few months.. Even though he is a good man, he feels like he isnt doing what Jehovah wants him to do, he gets angry sometimes n all that, Im like , errra uhh, isnt that a normal human emotion, like jealousy.. he said they are not natural emotions or something like that...

Anyhoo.. We get into this discussion about crosses, he says that its a slap in the face to Jesus to be "glorifying" his torture um, Im like are you kidding? .. LOLOL.... So then I was joking with him about something silly and I said, see I knew you Jehovah's Witnesses were crazy.. he laughed and then said, when youre a Jehovah's Witness we will laugh at this and I said, then you will wake up and realize that you were dreamin, cuz that aint happenin buddy ... He only gets uptight every once ina while but I can joke with him and at least he aint runnin back to the KH and its been almost 2 years since we have been married LOL..

• Legolas
    Legolas

Just get him to read 'Crisis of Conscience' and 'In Search of Christian Freedom'...after he reads those books alone his 'guilt' will stop!

• MrsBee
    MrsBee
    Just get him to read 'Crisis of Conscience' and 'In Search of Christian Freedom'...after he reads those books alone his 'guilt' will stop!

I cant even get him to read my bible, I have the NIV and if we are doing a study , I will read a verse and then he will read the same verse from the NWT LOL, then Ill say seeeee, its the same... LOLOL... He is not gonna read them... I cant complain too much he isnt going ... I still just look at him sometimes like Im so sorry you think that way

• carla
    carla

Mrs. Bee, does he have a KIT? it may be helpful to see where the society added things or changed them himself, from their own KIT. If he gets one, look up ahead of time all the problems with the NWT & the KIT and compare with other bibles and greek/english parallels.

• mdb
    mdb
    I cant even get him to read my bible, I have the NIV and if we are doing a study , I will read a verse and then he will read the same verse from the NWT LOL, then Ill say seeeee, its the same... LOLOL... He is not gonna read them... I cant complain too much he isnt going ... I still just look at him sometimes like Im so sorry you think that way

Maybe he'll listen if you read from the KJV. They used to use the authorized version prior to the induction of the NWT. There are old KJV bibles out there that have the Watchtower name on them. You just have to hunt one down at a used book store. Try Abe Books on the internet. That's where I got all my "old" Watchtower bibles from (KIT, 1959 NWT New Testament, 1961 NWT, 1971 NWT). As Carla said, they do contradict. In fact the KIT contradicts itself on the same page when traslating Heb 1:6 (also contradicts from the 1961 and 1971 versions of the NWT).

• greendawn
    greendawn

For Christians the cross is a symbol of salvation and also of the suppression (crucifixion) of the instinctive forces and desires so that the spirit may leave, I don't know why the JWs always view the cross in such a negative way along the lines, if the Christ had been beheaded would you use the sword as a Christian symbol?

• JT
    JT

I don't know why the JWs always view the cross in such a negative way along the lines

%%%%%%%

it is really simple, the key to high control groups is to make themselves different, the more they are different the more they can invoke we are correct-

folks call it the church, jw call it the hall

folks call it the OT NT- jw call it the hebrew and greek text

others say AD, jw says CE-

it is vital that they creat thier own Pure Language-

• MrsBee
    MrsBee

So is it true that JW's dont believe that Jesus is the Gateway for ALL to GOD..
    Do They only think there are special people who get to talk to GOD thru Jesus?
    Like in John 14:6 ~ It says "I am the way the truth and the light, no one comes to the father except through me"
    That is straight and to the point to me,,,,,

I just dont understand how things so blatantly clear can be distored and made to be something different, and people believe it..

And In Regards to crosses.. I just think that they just be nitpicking sometimes... They need to stray further from the norm so that they can continue to be persecuted and show thats who they are the chosen ones or whatever

• Honesty
    Honesty

You might try looking up all the New Testament references to the cross and then read them in their context to him. Let him follow along in his NWT and then ask him why the New Testament scriptures never put the cross in a bad light.

• Shining One
    Shining One

>I don't know why the JWs always view the cross in such a negative way along the lines, if the Christ had been beheaded would you use the sword as a Christian symbol?

Hi Greendawn,
    They deny the cross because Satan denies the cross. It is a symbol of his defeat and he abhors it. Satan is behind all cults and false religion.
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit