I DIDN'T GO!! I DIDN'T GO!!!!

by Bumble Bee 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Well done BB! I think I am pretty close to having missed as many as I have attended now in my life - I think I was actually born on memorial night - can anyone remember what day the memorial was in 1975?

• dremeiz
    dremeiz

I actually did go last night. We sat on the very last row in the library. In front on my daughter and I was a family with three small children. My daughter has multiple facial piercings which really amused the small boy about 5 or so in front of us. He kept turning around and staring with his big blue eyes. His mom kept putting his head in kinda a pinch between the chair so he couldnt see my daughter. Mom would stay firmly "Stop Staring!" and he would reply in a loud whisper, "But I want too," Mom would send him to sit with dad and dad would take turns either thumping his ear or twisting it until he turned back around. Their oldest little girl sat in front of dad. She kept turning around and looking too and she was getting the old finger twirling in the air to let her know to turn around at which point she shook her fist at dad. Then she took off her shoes and dropped them behind her chair on dad's feet. Dad was holding the baby about 2 who started screaming I want mommy. Dad firmly whispered you have to say please first, she did and he let her get down and go to mommy.

At this point my daughter pulled back her hair to reveal her ear piercing that goes completely through her ear and also her eyebrow piercing that has four holes with a zigzag piece of jewelry in it. This turned him back around in his chair fast. I told my daughter the scenario at home in bed would be, "But mommy I can't sleep I am scared." Mommy will say, "I told you not to stare, but you just kept looking. Maybe next time you will mind and pay attention to the brother giving the talk."

Meanwhile the oldest little girl turned around and told dad bless you each time he sneezed and made a face at him daring him to respond.

This brought back memories of my childhood and that of my oldest children in the hall.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

New Worldly Translation: LOVE your name!

This isn't the first year I didn't go, but it's the first year my JW relatives didn't *ask* me to go. Instead, they put a sister that I know real well from their congregation up to it. They were too afraid to ask me, since in previous years I just said "You gotta be outta yer ever lovin mind" or "You want to me to go to a celebration of Christ, that doesn't celebrate Christ, what're you crazy!?" I was very polite and acknowledged her thoughtfullness at inviting me and said I appreciated that she was thinking of me.

Actually, it's my 16th year of not going, and it feels gooooooood!

Question: (This would be for those of you that are Christians). My husband brought up a point and said that some Christians believe that someone shouldn't eat the bread, or drink the wine, if they were in a state of sinfulness. Well, if you are born again, you are saved and your sins are forgiven, so why shouldn't you?

CG

• Balsam
    Balsam

Good for you I remember when I missed my first Memorial, it was exciting and a rush.

As I was out in my yard weeding the grass out from around my lovely pear tree area, it felt so good. Warm with a slight breeze. When I came in it was almost dark and the Memorial would have been starting. I thought of all the useless years I spent going to that service when I could have been making my yard look beautiful like I did last night.

Balsam

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

CS 101 - Nope! Although there was thunder and lightening here last night

FF - I have to say I was somewhat aprehensive last night. I'm not sure why - I guess it's because I was wondering what I'd say to my family if they asked.

NWT

I only play pass the parcel now when I've got a chance of winning something.

LOL!

Legolas, u/d, KW13 - thanks for the congrats!

Brigid - I hope so.

Victorian Sky - I plan on going to an Easter Service tomorrow morning.

sonnyboy -

now I can't imagine ever setting foot in a Kingdom Hall again.

That's exactly how I feel.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Crumpet - wow - did they bring the emblems to your mum in the hospital? lol

dremeiz - lol sounds like you made things intereting for the kids there!

Country Girl - wow! It took your family 16 years for things to sink in?

Balsam - I too love gardening! With the rain this year no gardening for me last night. Maybe next year.

BB

• noni1974
    noni1974

I had not gone for 8 years.The first year I got an invite.I just said no.The second year nothing.Same until this year.I Da Ed myself 8 years ago.My Mom and Dad are the only ones who talk to me with any regularty.My Mom went to live in a nurseing facility 60 mile from their house and could not go unless someone went to pick her up.I volentered to do it since I was not working that day.I went out brought her back and I went to my first in 8 years.I refused to sing their songs.I refused to pray their prayers.I did pass the wine but missed the bread because I had to take my Mom to the bathroom.It was so mind numbingly boring.I can't believe I went for 23 years to this thing and thought it was so fun.What was I thinking?

I hated going but my Mom means a lot to me and this meant the world to her so I did.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Last memorial I went to was in 75 and I'm still alive.Haven't missed a thing.

Can't remember what day it was but we had pizza.All I can remember.

• south african beef
    south african beef

Congratulations to all that didn't go - it does take nerves of steel sometimes!

It was my second year of not going and my wife Bubble has been asked by her mum if she went or not. i don't hink she has replied to the text message yet.

As for me, nobody, not my mum or dad, none of my former 'friends', no elders or ms's from my old congregation and no-one from the hall I now live near bothered to ask me.

Just proves to me how much I'm missed!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

noni - what a wonderful thing you did for your mom. You displayed the love we are to have for one another.

south african beef - yes it does take nerves of steel at times. I have to say I was feeling uptight all evening - I felt like closing the blinds and turning off all the lights incase an elder stopped by afterwards to see where we were, but then realized the cars were in the drive, so what good would it do anyways!! lol Gawd, what this religion can do to a person.

I know what your wife is feeling. All I told my family is the time our memorial was scheduled for. I'll leave them to fill in whatever blanks they want to. I didn't get an invite from my family either, and for the last three years we've travelled to another city to attend with them.

Eagle-1 Alive since '75 has a nice ring to it!

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit