Something I've been wanting to do for a long time...

by Hecklerboy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Feels great to fly our counties colors.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings HB

I've just done the same. They (screwball "elders") tried to make me cower and take it down. I told them to screw and never come back. Consequently they announced me. I'll never take mine down. I'm very thankful to live in the USA.

Dismembered

• Emma
    Emma

Yup; and to say the pledge and sing the anthem.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Hey I did that about a year ago. They're still coming and walk right past it. They've not said anything.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Amen bro!

u/d

• Brigid
    Brigid
    I'll never take mine down.

DM, try to remember to take it down in the rain or inclement weather. No one ever told me this but it's a sign of disrespect to leave it out in bad weather (the things the witnesses do not teach you!)

We fly a replica of the original 13 stars in a circle. The hubby is a huge revolutionary war buff (he even wrote a book). We love our country--the way the founding fathers intended it to be.

~Brigid

• carla
    carla

ha, I put up a rather large flag as well! Jw husbans asks, 'since when do we do this?' I just said 'since now' and proceeded to put smaller flags in the planters. I always meant to have one anyway, just the whole jw crap spurred me on. My kids were always taught to stand at the flag and parades when the flag went by.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Yay! Tell those elders to shove it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit