JWs should not eat sushi

by truth_about_the_truth 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

TRIBUNE SPECIAL REPORT

Sushi and Rev. Moon

How Americans’ growing appetite for sushi is helping to support his controversial church

By Monica Eng, Delroy Alexander and David Jackson

Tribune staff reporters

Published April 11, 2006

LEADER'S SEAFOOD STRATEGY

SERVING THROUGH BUSINESS

THE OCEAN KING'S VISION

FROM ANGER TO ACCEPTANCE

AN EMPIRE'S CHICAGO ROOTS

FAITH-BASED BUSINESS CULTURE

• gespro
    gespro

Although this is quite the eyeopening post, I now have a major craving for sushi at 5:40 am and nowhere to go...

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I feel ya, Gespro! Luckily, I have some down in the refrigerator. Here's to you Reverand Moon!

• Emma
    Emma
    I now have a major craving for sushi

Me too! The Rev must be sending out subliminal messages.

• Jourles
    Jourles

I could care less if the Moonies have their hands in the majority of the sushi trade. I'd bet that my wife wouldn't care either. If eating sushi helps fund their religion, then I'm a proud supporter of the Unification Brainwashing Academy. There is no way I would drop sushi from my diet. It would be like asking me to give up sex for the rest of my life.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    If eating sushi helps fund their religion, then I'm a proud supporter of the Unification Brainwashing Academy.

How totlly true! Those Moonies are Loonies!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Oh, puhleeeeez!

And drinking Coke funds the Mormon financial empire church...

This is soooo "Winoid"...

u/d

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

That figures. It would take a cult with it's mind control techniques to convince people to eat fish bait, like it, and pay good money for it.

W

• daystar
    daystar

Don't really care. Still eating sushi and sashimi. But you're right. If it goes towards supporting the Moonies, JWs should not eat sushi. But then again, they should also not use Earthlink for their internet service, or go to Alanon for their alcohol problems since they're both fronts to support or subtly promote the religion of Scientology.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Daystar: where on earth did you come up with a link between Alanon and scientology? The scientologists run a rehab outfit, but Alanon is an offshoot of Alcoholics Anonymous which was founded long before scientology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit