New to Forum...Please Read!

by LaCatolica 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I'm one of those cradle Catholics, who, in my journey became a Jehovah's Witness for a period of nearly 8 years. But, then, I came to the realization that I should have never left the Church in the first place. So, I returned and have remained. I don't understand how Jehovah's Witnesses can get so hyped up on the Memorial. I mean, can you imagine Jesus today inviting people over to His Supper and only one or two partake? What an insult to our Lord! So, what are Jehovah's Witnesses celebrating? You go to listen to a talk, then they pass the "emblems" around and maybe one or two receive. What kind of meal is that? The fact is that at the Last Supper everyone partook, which goes to show that there were no class distinctions of "anointed" and "other sheep." Let me welcome you to the forum.

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

THANKS TO ALL THAT RESPONDED TO MY POST!!!

All your insight is greatly appreciated.

Well, last night, I attended the Memorial. It was my first time setting foot at a JW congregation (KH). I felt a bit uncomfortable and it seemed as though everyone there was being SUPER FAKE. I was there with my husband and his mother. The people there came up to us and said hello and all. When it all began, I politely stood up while they sang. When one person on the podium began preaching, I was handed a "Bible". He sporadically quoted verses from the Bible. We followed along. I remained emotionless and went along reading and (in my mind) noticing how different the bible I was holding was different from mine (Cath). Oh well, then the bread and wine were passed. What was the point of passing around a plate and a cup just to look at it? I don't know!!! At least WE (Catholics) consume the bread and wine on Sundays.

The thing that bothered me the most was that the podium guy kept telling them that they will be saved or something and then went on to say that only those 144,000 will live in God's kingdom. WEll, to me that's called giving everyone "false hopes". All those people are told they will never enter God's kingdom or go to heaven. Man, that's sounds so mean...it breaks my heart!!! We are taught that God will forgive our sins and we are all worthy of entering God's kingdom. These JWs are enticed with the mention and presentation of this "paradise' they will go to when they die...and yet...they really WON'T GO THERE...Only a small few...so why even keep believing or following this organization!!!

I'm glad I went to the Memorial...all it did was make me an even STRONGER CATHOLIC!!! THERE IS NO WAY I'D EVER JOIN THE JWs...I realized how GOOD I have it and how I can be sure that my GOD is a loving, forgiving God! So, positive things happened for me!

• Mrs.Congeniality
    Mrs.Congeniality

Welcome, you will find alot of opinions here as well as good advice. I was born and raised a JW 30 yrs. My neighbor is Catholic and she is nicer than 98% of the women in my old cong. Keep in mind the bible says Jesus died for ALL mankind. JW teach that Jesus is not our mediator(the one in between us and Jehovah) they teach that it is through our association with the 144,000 that we can gain everlasting life. That is why they believe only JW will survive armageddon.

• bebu
    bebu
    I realized how GOOD I have it and how I can be sure that my GOD is a loving, forgiving God! So, positive things happened for me!

It's funny that, until we have something extreme to contrast our experiences with, we can possess something really great and never know it. JWs are usually not witnesses in the way they would prefer.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit