O.K. Everyone..Here it is!! Grayson v.s. Insight Book!!!

by Lady Liberty 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

O.K. Dozy,

I stand to be corrected then if you ARE accurate. However, I don't think even YOU can disagree that 99% of those who read things like this that are INSIDE QUOTES are going to be concluded by the reader as being from the Author of the quote!! Most Jws would never read the explanation given for brackets, let alone understand they aren't from the original Author. And that is the whole point!! However, you have challenged me on this issue, and therefore I will be posting again, from the "Babylon The Great Has Fallen" book where it sites a date from Harpers Bible dictionarty 1952 edition. Guess what!! If you actually look up that date, it gives a TOTALLY different one.

Yes, I know the scans are too small, don't think for a second that it will not be fixed so YOU can indeed read it for yourself! Then, maybe you will understand why I and everyone else are angry at the deception!! I am not a grammer teacher, but what the Society is doing is WRONG!!!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

P.S.

Thank you, too ALL who have given us ideas as to how to get these scanned copies into a readable size. I will try to get it done before work. However, check back later, as it might have to be after work that I get it done. It just depends on how hard it is, and how much more time I have.

Thanks again,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

that may or may not agree or harmonise with the views of the original writer.

Dozy,

My question is what wa the Societys INTENT in quoting from this book? Was it not to mislead?? If not, then why??

The Society is using this translater as a source to establish their date in the eyes of the reader. The Society uses this translater as a expert on the Babylonian and Assyrian Chronicles. So if they are using this expert and his book, then why do they even NEED to insert their own date?? Why would they quote him AT ALL if he wasn't in agreement with their date?? UNLESS it was to mislead the reader! Otherwise your above highlighted comment would be in brackets beside the quote so there was no chance of misinterpretaion. Sincerely,

L.L.

• Lady Liberty
  • Lady Liberty
  • What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

ahh yes... super-sized!

• Lady Liberty
  • Jourles
    Jourles

For those questioning the firepower of this info, it really is huge. When presented under the right circumstances to the right JW, even a staunch JW would have a hard time defending the WTS's reasons for inserting this incorrect date when the author earlier presents a different date.

All the while growing up as a JW, whenever I read something in [brackets], I assumed that the information inserted was good as gospel, according to the WTS. For them to insert a date in which the author had no intention of implying otherwise is deliberate deception - no if's, and's, or but's about it. Sickoflies should have had this info with him during his 'trial.' I wonder how the elders would have rebutted this?

• Lady Liberty
  • Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit