Were you ever scared of going to prison as a JW?...

by Hecklerboy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Quentin
    Quentin

I registered for Selective Service in '68...didn't get 4F like Garybuss, my classification was 1Y...I could be called up, never was though...

Thing is I wanted to go to prison, I wanted to be a part of that elite club of brother's that did time for Jehovah...I envied those who went...hung on their every word when they came home...it never happened though...

Now I look back and feel a great sadness for Terry, and others, who went through that bullshit...so pointless, so very pointless. The things we do for God...madness...

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    I grew up in a very abusive family. I find it hard to think of anything that would happen to me in prison that didn't happen at home.

Blondie

Ditto!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Terry - I'm speachless - thankyou for the insight .

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Scared ? No, but I fully expected to do so. After all, "It was prophesied"

My lack of fear was not due to courage or extraordinary faith. it was more a perception that prison was not too bad, and if the world outside was spinning into the Gt Trib, we may be safer inside.

When I was a young boy, National Service was in force in the UK and all the witness youths had to their time, in prison not the army. But the usually only got 3 months, and at eighteen that was not usually a life changing event if you had spent years planning for it.

The whole picture of "The End" is so scary that the thought of prison is just one part. I am regularly told by loving family that the end will be a very time to now. By then "The world will be an armed camp, ruled by evil men who fight and kill one another - they will be protected by the angels, but I will not....."

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit