Wisconsin Memorial Blood Drive

by inbyathread 15 Replies latest watchtower medical

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

OK people. Bad news. The Marshfield Donor Center is closed on Wednesdays. Spoke with them today and they are staffed better on Friday for larger groups. They are open on Friday from 6:30am til 3:00pm Takes about 15 minutes. You need a photo ID. Any takers? I told them I'd call them on Thursday morning with number info and approximate time we'd be there.

• carla
    carla

Guess you have to take a drive to SE WI on Wed.! That's when I'm giving blood.

• Scully
    Scully

I'm not eligible to donate again until April 18, but I will definitely be donating!

• xjwms
    xjwms

carla

North / west wisconsin

• JH
    JH
    I'm not eligible to donate again until April 18, but I will definitely be donating!

April 19th here

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Man - I get queezy just thinking about needles and blood.

I will overcome.

• Scully
    Scully
    I get queezy just thinking about needles and blood.

If you look the other way when they put the needle in, and distract yourself with a book or magazine (or music if you have an Ipod or something like that... just close your eyes and relax for 15 minutes) it's really not so bad.

Plus a lot of employers will allow you a paid hour or so off work if you're donating blood! Check into whether your employer does this.

They let you stay after for 15-20 minutes to make sure you feel ok... and give you juice and a snack.

Every donation is separated into its 4 components, additionally, the "lesser" components and fragments are extracted. Each donation has the potential to save at least 4 lives.

If you are in good health, donating blood is a great service to offer.

• carla
    carla

In WI they also test your blood for West Nile disease. And if you don't get to a doctor on a regular basis you at least get your blood pressure taken and iron tested.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly
    Plus a lot of employers will allow you a paid hour or so off work if you're donating blood! Check into whether your employer does this

Ohh, that would be nice...but I don't think I'll even attempt to ask MY employeer...he's my JW dad!!!

• blondie
    blondie

I'm queasy about needles but I have to have my blood tested every month anyway. I just don't look. From puncture to finish is about 10 minutes for me. I have to wait longer to leave than it takes to pump out.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit