Leaving or not

by Norm 10 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting1
    waiting1

Hello Norm,

Nice post, as usual. Thank you.

What people would you like best to associate with? Those faithful Watchtower people or the people on this board? I know what I would prefer.

Interestingly, that is exactly how the WTBTS would put it. Do you want to be like those Sons of Satan Apostates or imperfect, trying to be faithful, people like us?

It's still black/white - from which ever side written.

Perhaps the answer still eludes many of us because we're still here on this board - and not fully out in society - where it's not so black/white.

You're right, many forms of communication. In different areas of the usa, what's insultive to one is perfectly acceptable to another. In some areas, perfectly acceptable to bitchslap your woman, child, mother - in another, just wouldn't be done, a frown will do. That doesn't make either totally right or wrong to both persons involved.

But if the bitchslapper and the frowner ever want to communicate, they had better find a common ground to speak from. And that means giving on both sides - the great grey area.

I think that's what this forum needs - a great grey area where we can try for common manners found in most parts of the world.

A common ground with common manners to discuss/argue ideas, thoughts, instead of trashing the person.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit