• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    "Truly the time left is reduced !"

Boy - they must believe that people are THAT stupid

• The
    The

Thank you all for replying to my questions

i read the .pdf on Crisis of Conscience regarding 1975

it really makes one think when reading what Brother Ray Franz wrote..

I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive!

It saddens me the way the matter was dealt with and how Jesus'words were waterd down..

I remember how strongly Jehovah felt when Moses took undue credit for himself when striking the crag for water..

It makes me wonder if it's any different now when someone misleads the brothers and claims t prophesy in the name of

Jehovah .. and yet the prophecy turns out to be wrong!

My faith is being tested.

" The "

• skin
    skin

And guess what, if the end did come in 1975, we would never hear the end of how, for more that 10 years earlier than that and thanks to Jehovah, they had warned us about it.

• The_Replacement
    The_Replacement

I believe this is from the Watchtower May 15, 1984, has the cover with a bunch of old people, titled the generation that will not pass away, I think !!!!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

And ten years later they changed their tune and all of that generation will die before the end comes, isn't it amazing how their divine light changes and those that got D'Fed for telling the right things are never apologised to but instead continue to be shunned.

That's more like the mafia rather than God's select people. Anyone that showed independence of thought is dangerous and must be kept at a safe distance even if he said the truth. That's the real name of the game.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Without going into too much detail:

They said 1975 would be it.

I heard them say it

I read it

It did not happen

So F--- it

I left it

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

The more things change the more they stay the same. Consider today's text:

Monday, April 10

Upon finding one pearl of high value, away he went and promptly sold all the things he had and bought it.— Matt. 13:46.

It is evidently not the monetary value of the fine pearl that constituted the central lesson of Jesus’ parable. Jesus did not simply liken the Kingdom of God to a pearl of high value; he called attention to "a traveling merchant seeking fine pearls" and to his response upon finding one. (Matt. 13:45) A common merchant might first figure out the market value of the pearl so as to determine how much he would pay for it in order to make a profit. He would be interested in making a quick return on his investment, not in owning the pearl. But not so with the merchant in Jesus’ parable. His interest was not monetary or material. In fact, he was willing to sacrifice "all the things he had"—possibly all his personal belongings and properties—in order to acquire what he had been searching for. w 2/1/05 2, 4, 5

Memorial

Bible reading: (Events on Nisan 12, which begins at sundown today) Matthew 26:1-5, 14-16; Luke 22:1-6

Apr. 10 Bible reading: Job 21-27 Song 119

Speech

Quality: Principal Ideas Emphasized (be p. 105 ¶1–p. 106 ¶2)

No.

1: Spiritual Values Bring Rewards (w04 10/15 p. 5 ¶4–p. 7 ¶2)

No.

2: Job 24:1-20

No.

3: Jehovah Gives Power Beyond What Is Normal

No.

4: Be on Guard Against the Desires of the Flesh (rs p. 391 ¶3)
  • The
    The

Reading a few of " beep,beep"s posts and speaking with those in my area.. i've noticed that not all believed that the end would come in 1975.. could you say that this was a test of faith? The hard thing is ... that i don't know what are the real motives of some here.. the scripture in Acts 1:6 comes to mind ... even those with Jesus didn't have full comprehension at that time.. I'm sure many of you have heard this arguement before and i would appreciate your throughts..? ' the '

• Kaput
  • Kaput
    Kaput
    The hard thing is ... that i don't know what are the real motives of some here..

Why don't you call Bethel and ask Ted Jaracz what the real motives were behind the big hoopla in the late 60's and early 70's about the end of 6,000 years since man's creation and now we don't hear squat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit