WT Teachings on Marriage and pregnancy in New Order

by SuzieQ 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SuzieQ
    SuzieQ

Does anyone remember studying years ago on book study night about those who survive into new world order would not be able to have children? I thought that's what I was taught, but can't find the study article in which it was brought up. If you do, please let me know at [email protected] Thanks all.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

People who survived Arm. were allowed to marry and have children. Those resurrected were not to marry or have kids. This is the way I always heard it taught.

• Spectre
    Spectre

This was always the biggest fear of mine. "What if I die before armaggedon and then never get to have sex?" And how everyone always talked this was just plain fact.

• greendawn
    greendawn

This is not a balanced opinion though what if the ones that die are loyal JWs why should they be treated any different to the ones that happened not die?

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Yes...I remember that....I was a young 18 years old girl, sitting at the hall, and it was a WT study. I felt kind of dizzy, listening to the speaker and commenters talking about how in the New System, we would be just like Angels, no getting married, no having sex, no having children. And they even specified, how young married couples might find it hard to hear that now, because they are so in love, but that in the new world, we wouldn`'t feel that way. And I was thinking to myself...why is it the first time I realise that?? I do NOT want that! I'd rather NOT be in that place at all. I mean...if we are to be like angels, why not go straight to heaven? NO children?? What a sad place that would be.

And that actually pushed me a little further out the door.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

SuzieQ - I don't remember that at all. I remember what Flyinghighnow remembers, it was those who were rez would not be able to marriage or have kids. How everyone came up with that theory was beyond me. Also, why they speculated on it and taught it was also beyond me.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Society readjusted their thinking on this matter in the mid-90s. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/111303/1942214/post.ashx#1942214

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit