Oh. My. God. Roe v. Wade...

by Odrade 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

Okay, so who else knew that Norma McCorvey, of "Jane Roe" Roe v. Wade fame, was raised a JW??? *blink*blink*

derrr... here's the link: http://www.pontiacdailyleader.com/articles/2006/04/07/breaking_news/news01.txt

• JeffT
    JeffT

Learn something every day.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I learned that here on JWD a few months ago. It was really kind of head trippy for me.

And then to learn her story since that time and all the behind-the-scenes stuff.

I remember when Roe v. Wade was first in the news in the 70's. I did a current events article on it. One of the few presentations that I so clearly remember.

Kind of crazy to know she has a JW connection.

Thanks for the link, Odrade.

-Aude.

• Berean
    Berean

Already knew it; think I found out here.

• wednesday
    wednesday

no I did not know anything about her life or even who it was , except that she had since changed her stance on abortion.

wow,from a jws to a catholic. She was she was out on the streets and stealing. wonder if any action was ever taken against her by the jws? If she told them she joined the catholic church and she was baptized, they would DF her or DA her even at this late date.

I had an elder tell me that even if a person was DEAD , if they found out evidence against him, they could DF or DA after death. wow, look who thinks they are as powerful as God.

• Odrade
    Odrade

:::::I had an elder tell me that even if a person was DEAD , if they found out evidence against him, they could DF or DA after death. wow, look who thinks they are as powerful as God.

jebus, what a nutbar.

• Berean
    Berean

Quote:
    wednesday

no I did not know anything about her life or even who it was , except that she had since changed her stance on abortion.

wow,from a jws to a catholic. She was she was out on the streets and stealing. wonder if any action was ever taken against her by the jws? If she told them she joined the catholic church and she was baptized, they would DF her or DA her even at this late date.

I had an elder tell me that even if a person was DEAD , if they found out evidence against him, they could DF or DA after death. wow, look who thinks they are as powerful as God.

wednesday,

Never heard of DF or DA after death, must have been a renegade elder with his own opinions. In fact, most elders understand that a person that dies has paid the ultimate penalty for sin.

• wednesday
    wednesday

he an elder in good standing and has been for over 35 years. he is well known and respected. He said those words and he meant them. he honestly believes he has the right and power to do that. And I reallybelieve he's try ot do it too. Such is his delusion of power.

you may not like to hear what an elder has said, or it may be easier to call him an oddball, but he isn't, he is mainstream around here. jws really believe they have the right to do things like this.

I found it awful for him to say this, but really a member of my own family , once said a worldy relative of ours was worthless in God's eyes. He is a highly respected jws.

little men with delusions of power.

• Berean
    Berean

“you may not like to hear what an elder has said, or it may be easier to call him an oddball, but he isn't, he is mainstream around here. jws really believe they have the right to do things like this.”

I would like nothing better than to hear an elder say something like that. I think that many JW’s think that, but, not elders as a whole. Most elders know that once a person dies, that ends any judicial committee action. That is not something that is “mainstream” anywhere that I have been.

• wednesday
    wednesday

well then I wish I'd had a tape recorder then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit