2006 Drama

by New Worldly Translation 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Spectre
    Spectre

I was in a drama back in about 1977 or so. I was the widows son that Elijah resurrected. My mom was the widow and my step-dad was one of the guards that threw Jezebel out the window.

I don't think I would be in another one though.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I've been in four dating from 1984 to 2 years ago.

there are 2 weeklypractices for about 6 weeks

• Undecided
    Undecided

First time I've thought of this in 50 years, but I can remember two demonstrations(as they were called back then) that I was in at the circuit assemblies. I was in my late teens then. Can't remember what they were about though. I was responsibile for overseeing one of those, I used a TV that I borrowed from the DO at the assembly, it was just a prop, wasn't turned on. I could tell from his attitude he didn't want to let me use it,but he did. Seems like I remember someone was watching TV who should have been studying for meetings or something like that.

Ken P.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was in a couple in my time .. Yes it does go to those in the 'in crowd' . I was cong. Secretary and they thought I would be reliable. The second one I doubled as being in charge of the scene shifters, actually the hardest job to get right, and if you mess up, the poor actor does not have the right prop at the right time..It got rather tedious, devoting a whole Summer to rehearsals. I had a problem recruiting people to be in it..

Americans might not realise how odd the tapes sound in the UK. To hear the characters speak with pronounced American accents is just strange.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Lol @ BluesBrother. And we thought it was YOU guys who had the accents! You mean it's really US?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit