A Babe in the Woods ~ Mormons meet Sue

by unclebruce 11 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Several weeks ago I posted about a client of mine named Sue. Well today I was back at her place completing all the cold water and sanitary plumbing to the railway carriage. While I was there Sue came running out several times with more questions about the bible and I was able to help her with information about the old books origins – the Sumerian Epics, Egyptian Military Code, Persian dualism, Torah, Hebrew, Nazarite / Aramaic, Paulian Greek, Catholic Latin leading to the modern English translations we are so blessed with today.

This afternoon some visitors came. Two clean-cut Elders from Bountiful, Utah. I couldn't help but wonder about Sue's naivety as she showed these young men about.

Sue: When I first moved in with Ernie I didn't know his real name. It wasn't until about six months later that I found out his real name was Ian.

Mormon Boys: Oh! (most likely thinking: slut! / loose woman or it's Mormon equivalent).

Sue: Oh and we brought this road sign (huge) home when our car slid off the icy road and knocked it down near Oberon.

Mormon Boys: Oh! (most likely thinking: thief!).

Sue: And all these statues were given to me by friends or pinched from one place or another (sue points out her large rockery full of begged borrowed or stolen Buddha's, pharaonic statues, crystals, Hindu Gods and Goddesses, Nordic Gods, Polenesian Gods, African Masks and large kharma sutra phallic healing tower

Mormon Boys: OH! (most likely thinking: SLUT! THIEF! WITCH!)

Now I may be being a little harsh on “the boys”. Perhaps Mormons don't think like JW's. They may have just been thinking “mmm interesting collection of stuff” but they are bringing a chaperone next time they call. And I couldn't help but marvel at how easy they have it compared to JW pioneers. No peddling truth on bicycles for these young men. They came in a brand new mid-sized car, will serve two years here, then head back to Utah to a secure job and at least one wife to cuddle up with at night.

unclebruce.

ps: how lucky are these young guys to be assigned to 'work' here for two years.

• Kaput
    Kaput

Hey unclebruce! Is that a pic of your place?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

No - it's "rock lilly" one I made earlier

• Scully
    Scully

I used to joke around with a few JW friends I was close to back in the day.... This was maybe 15 years ago or more when you couldn't turn on the TV without seeing a commercial for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I'd tell my JW friends that "If I ever leave The Truth™, I think I'll become a Mormon. They have way better commercials." Of course, they'd get all Righteously Indignant™, and I'd continue: "You know, they only have to do their door-to-door stuff for two years, and then they get to have a normal life? They can go to University, get the kind of education they want to support themselves, their family, and be generous with their congregation. And if I could have more than one husband, I'd probably seriously consider it."

Are there any religions/cultures out there that allow women to be polygamous? or is it all the men who get to have lots of wives. I think we need to start a religion like that.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

LOL Scully!

I'm in on that religion!

Unclebruce - wow! can you come build our new house? that's the style we've been looking for - can you post some more pics? I'd LOVE to see them.....
    beautiful country you have there.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Some prospective husbands for scully: These guys could use a good whip'n!

alt

Early Mormon leaders serve time for polygamy.
    (President George Q. Cannon sitting, middle, with white beard)

• Scully
    Scully

No, unc... I'm not having any Mormons in my church!!

But I'll send you an application form, if you like. LOL

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

g'day freedom lover, rocklilly is a mudbrick cottage and now rented out to weary travellers (too far from the beach for me - twenty minutes away at least!

altaltaltalt

...but it's close to Brogo dam (and Wadbilliga wilderness)

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I don't know what religion these guys are but I'm sure they can be converted to the church of Daria.

alt

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Beautiful place Unclebruce! I have to show hubby the pics. I love all the natural building materials. We are going for that look somewhat. Wood, stone, exposed beams. I love it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit