Governing Body Replacement Question???

by Lady Liberty 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

*** w02 3/15 p. 14 Christ Leads His Congregation ***

As in the first century, a small group of qualified men from among the anointed overseers now serve as the Governing Body, representing the composite faithful and discreet slave.

***Worship God book (2002) chap. 14 p. 132 How Does Jehovah Direct His Organization? ***

In our day the Governing Body of Jehovah’s visible organization is made up of spirit-anointed brothers from various lands and is located at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses
  • zagor
    zagor

The question I often wondered about was why are most GB members (if not all of them) U.S. born. Why not someone from say Japan, Korea, Africa, Europe, Australia????

Any takers?

• blondie
    blondie

Losch is from Austria.

Morris is from Australia.

Poetzinger was from Germany.

• zagor
    zagor

Still pretty much old-white-boys-club. Considering how highly they've spoke of Japan, for instance, it is very surprising that no one from that country or anywhere from Asia is in GB. What we are seeing here is nothing more than predominant corporate culture of fortune 500 companies of what is "acceptable" image of corporate governance and its board of directors.

• blondie
    blondie

I forgot to mention, there is a token black man, Sam Herd, appointed to the GB in 2000.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I think what is confusing is that a few years ago, when they started forming all the different corporations to make it harder to sue....I mean under Jah's direction....the new corporations set up were no longer under the GB's names. They didn't want them being sued and their good names dragged through the mud...The great crowd could throw themselves down to be trampled on!!!

I'm sure Blondie can snap that information right up and post it!!! Correct me if I have that all wrong...I just don't have access to the info right off hand...

Swalker

• blondie
    blondie

That is right, the WTS realized that if they were going to form so many corporations, and there are so few capable anointed men, that something would have to give. Just as they stopped insisting that all the elders (in the 1940's) had to be anointed, so now the started using OS men.

All the corporations are run by men of the other sheep persuasion. The GB is no longer involved in the business end. If you look at the inside page of the WT you will see that the president of that corporation is Max Larson (not anointed, not on the GB).

There is quite a list on www.freeminds.org that I would list but I have to get to bed. Midnight bells are ringing here.

Blondie

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Blondie...thanks for the post. I think that disturbed a lot of people and made them feel that the GB was no longer in control....all it really amounted to was a legal maneuver.

Swalker

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Barber is from England.

Barr is from Scotland.

Morris is from Italy.

Jackson is from Tasmania.

Earlier members, Klein was from Germany.

Barry from New Zealand.

Booth from England.

Gangas from Greece/Turkey.

Fekel from Austria/Hungary.

Sullivan from Ireland.

Greenlees from Scotland.

Chitty from England.

Just to add to blondie's list.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is pretty obvious that to get appointed as a GB member you have to be known and trusted by the inner circle at Brooklyn you have to be one of their men (or yes-men more precisely), the last thing they want is for someone to enter into their Holy of Holies and start rocking the boat.

That's why they completely ignore the rest of the "anointed" the idea that they are all anointed by the same spirit and have one mind and purpose is a myth.

They will never give any say to them because their policies and ideology will without any doubt sooner or later get challenged by the other "anointed". The GB may object to them by claiming that they don't keep to the standards of the org for the anointed such as working full time for the WTS for a decades on end.

All in all they will never bring an American corporation under international control, and it will always be ruled by an anglo-saxon english speaking establishment, the Germans/Austrians being close Germanic kinsmen.

Only a naive fool can believe that this is jehovah's organisation, had it been so then all "anointed" (minus some fruitcakes) would have a say in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit