what do you think?

by joanne_ 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

You're all invited to attend Christ's memorial supper

• Scully
    Scully

joanne_

I think it's the same old dull routine that they pull every year. Memorial season is when they try to remember to invite everyone they've ever met and their giddy aunt to the Memorial. The following month is the Special™ Talk™ (sometimes I think they mean "short bus" kind of Special™ ) and they try to remember to invite everyone they've ever met and their giddy aunt to attend.

I just can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would waste three perfectly good hours at the Kingdom Hall when they could do something far more entertaining and satisfying instead. I'd rather be watching paint dry, to be honest.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    It is only right that they should try to herd the sheep back into their pen.Baaaaaaaah!

The term "like sheep to the slaughter" comes to mind!!!!! BB

• Brigido
    Brigido

What kills me is how the "Society" can possibly think that luring inactive ones back by the means of the Memorial is crazy. I myself cringe at the thought of going. It is the same weird mundane, by the outline, presentation; but to the Dubs, they feel that as long as you attend you might have the slightest chance at a "spiritual recovery". To me, as someone inactive, it seems rediculous to show up and act like nothing is wrong and that you still believe or have the pompous attitude that just because I show up here, I will still be "saved". This is bull. I refuse to be a hypocrite! If you don't go to the hall as an active member, then why pretend it matters by going to the Memorial. Especially something as boring and weird as it is.

ESB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit