Totally Crazy thing said by Elder who studied with me...

by drew sagan 9 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Back in the day I remeber the Edler who studied with me was trying to make everything much more exciting that it actually was. All kinds of crazy stories and theories about God where told, but none sticks in my mind deeper than this load of crazy paste
    The elder was talking about how time travel is actually possible with God (WTF?) This gets better, trust me. So he says that all of the earths past events have been captured in the light and energy that is out there in the universe and how in the New World God will be able to display all of this stuff for us like a giant movie in the sky (?). He will be able to show us all of the worlds past history, including Biblical history like that Aberham, Moses, Jesus, ect. He will do all of this so the entire world can be educated at once about the history of humanity.
    This guy was totally on a looney pill, BUT is something like this actually in the publications somewhere (possibly way back?) This guy was at Bethel for a while during the 70's I think. I allways figured this was the leftovers of a conversation or discussion he heard from somebody on the governing body or something.
    What a strange study that was. Talking about going out on a tangent, we where in the knowledge book for crying out loud!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    So he says that all of the earths past events have been captured in the light and energy that is out there in the universe and how in the New World God will be able to display all of this stuff for us like a giant movie in the sky (?). He will be able to show us all of the worlds past history, including Biblical history like that Aberham, Moses, Jesus, ect. He will do all of this so the entire world can be educated at once about the history of humanity

I heard this too, but never saw it in print. I guess it would appeal to all the conspiracy theorists to find out who really was behind the JFK assassination, 9/11, and the Russell-Freemason connection.

W

• KW13
    KW13

wow, something different eh?

i dunno where he got that from but i do know a lot of jw's like to work things out for themselves and try their own ideas then after say "oh enough speculation, the society says we mustn't"

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    This guy was totally on a looney pill, BUT is something like this actually in the publications somewhere (possibly way back?) This guy was at Bethel for a while during the 70's I think. I allways figured this was the leftovers of a conversation or discussion he heard from somebody on the governing body or something.

No, it sounds to me like he was one of the "interested-in-science-but-poorly-educated class". He had probably heard that when looking at distant objects in space, you're actually looking at them as they were in the past, so that if you are looking at a star that is ten light-years away, what you're seeing is how the star appeared ten years ago. From a suitable position and with a suitably powerful telescope, you could see any event in history (unless of course it happened on a cloudy day). He just mixed this small amount of knowledge with his beliefs, and came up with something a bit wacky.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    This gets better, trust me. So he says that all of the earths past events have been captured in the light and energy that is out there in the universe and how in the New World God will be able to display all of this stuff for us like a giant movie in the sky

Now that I think about it, I seem to recall something similar in an old Star Trek episode as well as another sci-fi movie I once saw. Maybe that's where he got his ideas.

W

• Clam
    Clam

Dr Sagan you of all people should know that light bends around dense objects. Even new light.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I think you're right on this one funkyderek, he allways was about "knowing everything about anything". A true expert in every field known to man.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Well let's assume for a moment that we're in the loony JW world, in which there are angels everywhere watching everything. Why would their angelnesses not be equipped with a celestial recording device of everything ever happening everywhere, filed in a great library in the sky? That would be some kind of DVD collection.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

OMG, what an honour it must have been to study with such a legend

I allways figured this was the leftovers of a conversation or discussion he heard

I would have thought the same thing...with his past experience, he's clearly picked up some 'assumptions' along the way and made them his own - what a cracker!

I remember hearing the story about how the earth would get so over populated in the new system that new planets would become inhabitable and humankind would then fill them...and so on.

~Beck~

• Highlander
    Highlander

Well let's assume for a moment that we're in the loony JW world, in which there are angels everywhere watching everything. Why would their angelnesses not be equipped with a celestial recording device of everything ever happening everywhere, filed in a great library in the sky? That would be some kind of DVD collection. Actually that will be made obsolete, as I own the patent on the Celestial TiVo system. I think I'll call it JeVo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit