Another 'Missing Link' Found

by FSMonster 12 Replies latest social current

• FSMonster
    FSMonster

One or two incidents makes you dismiss over 100 years of fruitful work which time and again adds to this vast field of science. I wonder who will you expect to come up with cure to the H5N1 virus once it mutates? Oops, did I say 'mutate'? That's kinda bad, because the virus is actually evolving right before your eyes it's kind of hard to ignore unlike a transitional fossil. This 'fishapod' or another recent find, a snakepod (snake with legs), won't bite your ass but a rapidly evolving virus just might. Maybe you have a better explanation for the origin of life? Like, it all began some 6000 years ago... "LOL"

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I would think that that creature is an ancestor to an alligator of some sort not a human. Can someone explain to me how this could be a missing link of a human? I am curious as to how we jump from an animal that crawls on the ground and under water to a standing erect human? Is it because this animal has some similar characteristics? Also, I can understand people using the term early man or cave man but how could we possibly be evolved from an amphibian? Don't animals have to evolve from the same species? I think I agree with Rex on this one. I am not being sarcastic, I would really like an honest answer if anyone has one. Thanks.

• FSMonster
    FSMonster

That's correct, it's not a direct link to humans I am not sure where did you get that in the article? It's an intermediate form between acquatics and land dwellers. For example, Archeopteryx is an intermediate form between dinosaurs and birds. Scientists are extremely lucky to find any fossils but fortunately there's plenty to go around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit