Can Anyone Scan "A People For His Name" by Timothy White?

by cabasilas 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Just wondering if anyone here has the capability to scan Timothy White's book "A People For His Name"? And then upload it to reexamine.org?

It would be a great asset to those researching JW history.

cabasilas

• VM44
    VM44

The book was published in 1969 and is still under copyright.

It is indeed an important book and should be republished.

It is easily obtained through inter-library loan

--VM44

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I believe the author is deceased and I am told he had no heirs. For those reasons I doubt it will be republished. It's a work that deserves to be readily available online.

• garybuss
  • moggy lover
    moggy lover

Oddly enough I came across this site that had the book on-line, however it became impossible to either read or download because it had a big anti-virus window in front warning me that I may be subject to a virus invasion and needed to download a virus scan for my computer.

It was a while back so I can't remember the name of the site, but I suppose typing in "Timothy White" or "A People For His Name" may produce someyhing.

Cheers

• Mulan
    Mulan
    There's a photocopy reprint for sale on Amazon.

Yikes!! It's $199.00. Seems a bit much.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

$199 is a bit steep! Another reason this needs to be readily available online. Chapters 1-3 are online but that's just a teaser. The best part of the book is later on.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

A few years ago one of my aunts bought an ooriginal copy of this book on ebay. She paid $1,350.00 for it.

This book is notoriously expensive!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I have been scanning the book for my own personal use, but I don't want it uploaded on the internet for the aforementioned copyright issues. It's actually a bit of a sad story, that the author was disappointed by the lack of interest in the book and disposed of the rest of its stock. Now there has been renewed interest (small wonder because it is a superb book), and I hope it will be republished and the author can reap some benefits from it at last....

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

If you need a specific reference from the book, I can scan and e-mail it to you...

PM me with the page(s) if this is the case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit