Conti Respondent’s Brief - Can AnnOMaly’s theory Rescue Simons’ CRITICAL FACT ?

by 4rationality 42 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• 4rationality
    4rationality

Simons’ CRITCAL FACT = “defendants assigned Candace to perform field service with Kendrick.”

Simons’ Brief: there was plenty of evidence that in fact Candace was assigned to perform field service with Kendrick. She testified that sometimes, when neither parent was available, she went to field service without them and that on some of those occasions she was assigned to perform field service with Kendrick. (6 RT 726-728.)

FACT: Simons is mistaken. Nowhere in 6 RT 726-728 is Candace assigned to perform field service with Kendrick.

-

Simons’ Brief: [Candace’s] testimony was corroborated by Congregation member Carolyn Martinez, who saw Kendrick and Candace in field service together. (6 RT 662, 663, 666.)

FACT: Simons is mistaken. Nowhere in 6 RT 662, 663, 666, does Martinez corroborate that Candace was assigned to perform field service with Kendrick.

= The Appellate Court will NOT find Simons’ CRITICAL FACT in evidence.

AnnOMaly has a theory = Kendrick and Candace were seen together in FS [field service], then logically, the elders must have assigned Candace and Kendrick”.

Let’s TEST AOM’s theory. Is the theory objective, comprehensive or NOT?

Martinez testified that she saw Candace and Kendrick in field service together. (6 RT 663, 666)

LOGIC: The perfect opportunity for Simons to establish his CRITICAL FACT. Just ask MartinezWhen did you see that? Was that after 1993? What were the circumstances? Were they alone? But Simons passed. Logically he had good reasons NOT to ask the critical questions. Simons DID ask Martinez two questions about Kendrick’s dog!

-

Martinez testified that from 1990 through 1992 her family and Candace’s family and Kendrick’s family were in the same field service meeting group. (6 RT 662, 665, 668, 669)

LOGIC: NO doubt Martinez did see Candace and Kendrick together in field service more than once during that two to three year period. Logically any such sightings before November 1993 does nothing for Simons’ CRITICAL FACT. And since Simons decided NOT to ask the critical questions, he left his CRITICAL FACT hanging by the thread of the least probable of several possibilities. Logically he had very good reasons NOT to ask.

-

Martinez testified that in the 16 or so years that she knew Candace, she never saw Candace come to field service without one or both of her parents. (6 RT 658, 660, 668)

LOGIC: On the occasions that Martinez saw Candace and Kendrick together in field service one or both of her parents were also present. Logically Candace and Kendrick were NOT “assigned” because as Simons wrote, “when neither parent was available, she went to field service without them and that on some of those occasions she was assigned to perform field service with Kendrick.”

-

Martinez testified that she had been very active in Congregation activities for nearly 20 years. (6 RT 658, 661)

LOGIC: Another perfect opportunity for Simons to establish his CRITICAL FACT. Just ask MartinezWasn’t Elder-assigned-field-service partners the standard order of procedure? Was Martinez ever “assigned” to Candace? Was Martinez ever “assigned” to anyone? Was Candace ever “assigned” to anyone else? Again Simons decided NOT to ask the critical questions. Logically he had good reasons NOT to ask.

= Logically AOM’s theory does not rescue Simons’ CRITICAL FACT. The 37 holes in Simons’ Brief still glare.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Kendrick and Candace were seen together in FS [field service], then logically, the elders must have assigned Candace and Kendrick”.

Sorry, but the conclusion in the above statement does NOT in fact follow from the premise.

However, the elders have a fiduciary responsibility to be observant and to protect "the sheep." They should have seen Kendrick and Candace together and they should have prevented it.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I havent read much about this case, but I really dont understand a 9 or 10 year old girl doing pioneer hours (70 at the time) and ending up alone several times with a sex offender on the ministry.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This guy is a troll/ WTBTS defender. As Han Solo said, " I must have hit her pretty close to the mark to get her riled up.."

Expect more hit and run attempts to justify the legalistic, bureaucratic, and immoral actions of Christ's "brothers."

DD

• Viviane
    Viviane
    It seems you don't know what either "fact" or "logic" means.
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

This defense is part and parcel of WT's and average witnesses response; just because it happened, leadership is not responsible.

This goes against what we all know is true; nothing happens regularly inside a kingdom hall, or in field service, that is not directed by the elders.

How do they think Candace ended up working with Kendrick, anyway? Did she arrange the groups, and the service pairs? Please.

Abusers are clever, devious and usually extremely charming; this is why the kingdom hall is such a dangerous place, elders fall for a male who has these traits.

It is also a red herring, trying to divert attention away from what is knows to be true: WT knew he was a child molester, hid his identity, and did not warn parents.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

How do they think Candace ended up working with Kendrick, anyway? Did she arrange the groups, and the service pairs?

I'ts an understood rule that when you go to a service group you work with whomever you are assigned with. I remember how i cringed when I was assigned to work with an older brother. But I did , we all did because if you didn't it showed a great lack of respect for the brother and the arrangement.

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

@wannaexit not true.

First of all most publishers make appointments to work with eachother before the field service meeting. Second people are asked if they would like to work together. 3rd children are with their parents unless their parents and the child make an appointment with another person ahead of the field service meeting. In such a case parents agreed to let their child work with another adult.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What InsidetheKH said is sometimes true, but not always. ITKH, likes to make sweeping statements that cannot be verified, or make "facts" out of anecdotal experiences.

In my experience, people often cave to group pressure. Many dubs do go with an assigned group, especially if the brother in charge is very assertive. A child in service has very little say. "Do you want to go with Brother Touch'nstuff?", is seldom met with a "No."

Also, these WTBTS defenders are trying to muddy the waters. To borrow a WTBTS illustration, do you insist on driving the posted speed limit because it's your legal right? What if children are playing near the road? If they are killed, do you say," The speed limit is 35. Where were the parents?" The moral thing to do is to follow the scriptural principle of love, and do what is moral, even if it costs you personally.

This has not been done by the WTBTS. Christ's "brothers" should be ashamed of themselves.

DD

• Sherilynn
    Sherilynn

CRITICAL FACT:

Local JW and his family attend kingdumb Hall while he has abused 4 relatives starting at age 4 through 12 and when last family member found out years later it was too late for statues of limitations had run out. He was reported to police and elders where contacted and they worked out a deal with local police, who by the way did call the first victim from prior years to confirm it had happened before. YES the elders knew now it had happened before, ( I think that would be the 2nd eye witness) but the MEN all took it upon themselves to settle this matter quietly. You know Keep Jehovah's name out of the sh#t,

So what happened? He sent apology letter to first victim (she would not meet with him) he apologized to family of the last victim (6 yr old relative) agreed to attending counseling with local mental health agency and the elders I am sure convinced police they would make sure this didn't happen again. Police already overburdened were happy not to press charges as no one apparently wanted to, you know keep sweep it under the rug and it will go away.

So these four young girls got to be silenced by Men who control families within this religion, and they have privately had to deal with their abuse and I am not sure always in a healthy manner.

His Wife also knew about the abuse and stayed with him & later had a child (girl). Just makes my blood boil to realize years ago I sat in the same Kingdumb Hall with him and his wife. Never remembered anything about him being publicly reprimanded to the congregation. I am sure that the congregations (2) that he has attended since then know nothing about a man that attacks his young female relatives. Can't help but wonder how his daughter fared all these years and if she or her young friends from the hall where his victims as well.

I hope to run into one of the elders that would have been in charge of this during that time, when as far as I am concerned they as well as WBTS practiced "Child Endangerment" with the unknowing congregations children.

Just had to get this off my chest but so the troll will know what CRITICAL really means. This is just one story out of thousands that will only see the light of day on websites that we have the freedom to make it known.

Peace & Love,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit