DEAMONS anyone?

by plmkrzy 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    (It sounds stupid even if you take into account that Satan does stuff that sounds stupid just so that you wont believe in him)

lol! Very true, there has always been ridiculous contradiction about the powers of Satan.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

All destructive cults instill phobias and fear of the boogieman,this is mystical manipulation mark # 2 of the eight marks of a cult

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    I was raised in the truth, I've never had this demon-anxiety though. In my experience it was always the people that had come out of the world that were like this. So the complete opposite of your experience

I think you`re right. LoL, I think it was unclear, what I wrote, so no wonder you misunderstood. What I meant to say, was: I think the people that are most deeply affected by this whole demon-thing (psychologically!), are people who were raised in "the truth". JW-kids. Both my parents became JWs as adults, and my mom was obsessed with that demon-thing, so you might be correct in saying that converts are most obsessed with the demon-thing, I`m not sure. But it was the children and the effect this demon-thing has on them that was my concern with the above post. It`s not the converts that become scarred for life by it (and even if they did, it serves them right for being so stupid to join that ridicolous cult), it is their children.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Both my parents became JWs and are both very set in thier ways about demons. I was born in it and began questioning the reasoning of the WTS and that subject by the time I was a teen. The same goes for my brother.

plum

• cosmic
    cosmic

Do demons exist? Yeah, probably. Are they everywhere? Most likely. A few days ago, another thread brought up the thought that maybe the Bible is really the work of the Satan! I hadn't thought about that, and I don't recall ever hearing anything that could discount such a possibility.

Am I afraid of demons? See, Satan is out walking the Earth one night and he gets thirsty and decides to stop into a bar for a drink. Well, as soon as he steps in, all the patrons and the barkeep scream in fear and run out. All except this one dude who just keeps sitting at the bar, finishing his drink and watching the game. Satan is a little taken aback, so he struts up to the dude and announces himself.

"Do you know who I am?" asks Satan

The guy looks up at him and just says, "Yeah." and goes on back to the game.

"Well, aren't you afraid of me?"

"What for, I was married to your sister for 30 years."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit