german branch news

by gerry 10 Replies latest jw friends

• gerry
    gerry

anyone know anything about this info I received

Short report received from German Branch on April 2 nd , 2006:

We are pretty busy with all of the preparations for the special conventions in 5 cities in Germany. I guess there will be about 25,000 coming from other countries. The American delegates at the Frankfurt convention will be coming on Tuesday (700), Wednesday (700) and Thursday (600) before the convention. But there will be others coming from other countries before and after so that will entail considerable organizing. We want to provide a snack for all visitors so they won’t have to go to restaurants.

Just an interesting little sidelight about something altogether different which shows Satan’s efforts to cause trouble. A group of opposers along with apostates who have registered an association to fight against the terrible way we treat children are planning a demonstration on memorial evening at the entrance to our property. The mayor called up and said that he had to give permission, since demonstrations are legally permitted. They had been here once before when they were trying to stop us from winning the court case we were fighting to get the legal status we deserve. It didn’t help as we won. Now they picked out memorial evening to interfere and disturb because many interested people will be coming. Well, our lawyer brother found a law which states that you cannot demonstrate in front of a religious building on a religious holiday. He presented some good arguments about the consequences if they are permitted to demonstrate. The Mayor said he only permitted it because he thought he had to. When he and his wife were out walking they came up this way and the mayor mentioned what the apostates were going to do. She said, well that should not be permitted, because imagine how it would be if on Good Friday, which is religious holiday here, they would go down and demonstrate in front of our church. They would be stopped. The mayor is going to tell them that they will have to demonstrate up by the school if they are going to at all but he wants them to cancel it. Since he has the presentation from our lawyer in his hands they cannot say he is prejudiced for us and against them. We will see what happens, but should hear this week what he has done.

gerry

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

A group of opposers along with apostates who have registered an association to fight against the terrible way we treat children

Notice that this is not a denial!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Yep....I noticed that!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Edited to correct my previous assessment: either fake or a very private point of view. Nothing "official" from the "German Branch".

• Jourles
    Jourles

Well, our lawyer brother found a law which states that you cannot demonstrate in front of a religious building on a religious holiday.

This doesn't sound very accurate. Besides, the whole story seems fabricated to give it an air of persecution. This "lawyer brother" just happened to find this law recently? These demonstrations never occured in the past? Would not a district convention be similar to a religious holiday to the JW's? Why not use this "law" to stop demonstrators from picketing in front of the assemblies?

A JW with a lot of extra time on their hands made this whole story up and sent it out to their JW bulk email list. Otherwise, prove this "law" exists.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    "...a law which states that you cannot demonstrate in front of a religious building on a religious holiday."

We must obey UADNA as ruler rather than men!

Party on, Garth; party on, Wayne!

• Amnesty Vendor
    Amnesty Vendor

This is definitely NOT an official WT report.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    either fake or a very private point of view. Nothing "official" from the "German Branch".

Yep, the first thing I noticed, too!

Much like the word "other" inserted into the NWT, the word "branch" makes a lot of difference!

• gerry
    gerry

thanks for the feedback

I am in the process of chasing email up as to its origin of news etc.

my feelings are private thoughts... typical propaganda how JWs overcome opposition etc....

unusual tho the wording as this comes from full on Euro witness's. possible that their translation to english went astray.

"A group of opposers along with apostates who have registered an association to fight against the terrible way we treat children "

anyway will let you know what the explanation is.. that is if they will answer me...

my posting mainly to find out if such a group exists. and what their beef is....

gerry

• gerry
    gerry

I have just been assured this came from the german banch.

but who from .. don't know ... my source is long time missionary. and has no time for opposers and does not want to know anything about them or what they are protesting about.

even tho it is from the branch, it still doesn't mean they are going to let the truth get in the way of a good story. as previous posts allude to.

is there any german jwd posters?

Gerry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit