Latest WT study article - preparation for upcoming new light?

by truth_about_the_truth 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The latest WT study article seemed like an article to prep the masses for 'new light' to be revealed in the very near future. I have never seen an article like this one where they summarized their 'flashes of light' in their history in this manner and bombarded the minds with the need to accept all and any change within the org. It could be for the purpose of getting the rank and file to accept a pretty big change or a series of big changes very soon.

See also May 15th Watchtower 2006 - also talks about same subject - new light - gradual and progressive- Yes new light very soon - the Rank and File are being softened up for it - possibly at the District Convention

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

If I had to guess which doctrines would be "New Lighted" I would say...

1914 - it strains their credibility. I'll bet few JW's buy the 'generation is not really a generation' crap.

Blood - liability and legitimacy as a mainstream religion (which is where the Org wants to go)

I agree this seems like their warming up the lightbulb!

-FW

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The Watchtower Society is notoriously reactionary in its teachings, not proactive. They only publish something *after* the problem has shown itself... NEVER before.

I suspect all of these "new light" articles are in response to the rank and file JWs being upset by the 1995 change... basically pushing the "new order" into the distant future.

I suspect all of these "obey the FDS" articles are in response to the beginnings of an internal rebellion against the WTS. Granted, it is a subtle rebellion composed of JWs asking questions and expressing doubts, but it is a rebellion none the less.

• blondie
    blondie

They had 3 articles summarizing "flashes" in the 5/15/1995 WT

w95 5/15 p. 10 Flashes of Light in Apostolic Times ***

Flashes

of Light in Apostolic Times

w95 5/15 p. 15 Flashes of Light—Great and Small (Part 1) ***

Flashes

of Light—Great and Small (Part 1)

w95 5/15 p. 21 Flashes of Light—Great and Small (Part 2) ***

Flashes

of Light—Great and Small (Part 2)

Strangely enought, the 1914 Generation change was in the November 1, 1995 WT.

• Emma
    Emma

Before 1968 they taught that the great tribulation (or G-trib as some of us called it) began in 1914. At the international conventions that year the "new light" revealed that it had indeed not begun then and was still in the future. Now, I don't remember if is was supposed to preceed the big A or was part of it. It was "revealed" at the convention, WT article followed.

Emma

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

They had 3 articles summarizing "flashes" in the 5/15/1995 WT

w95 5/15 p. 10 Flashes of Light in Apostolic Times ***

Flashes

of Light in Apostolic Times

w95 5/15 p. 15 Flashes of Light—Great and Small (Part 1) ***

Flashes

of Light—Great and Small (Part 1)

w95 5/15 p. 21 Flashes of Light—Great and Small (Part 2) ***

Flashes

of Light—Great and Small (Part 2)

Strangely enought, the 1914 Generation change was in the November 1, 1995 WT.

Great point! It looks like history is repeating itself. They are so predictable aren't they?

When the "new light" comes out, remember lurkers, you heard it here first.

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

Was the 1914 generation revealed at a convention? Hinted at maybe, but I think the 5/1/95 and 11/1/95 WT articles was the first real complete development of it

---------------------------------------------------------------

I remember the TALK(s) those WT articles were based was the first talks after lunch during the Saturday afternoon session. Everyone was still groggy with jeh-hoggie induced slumber. I still think the timing was intensional, since the FIRST talk after lunch is the one everyone forgets.

-silent

• TheListener
    TheListener

1995 convention for Saturday:

1995 "JOYFUL PRAISERS" DISTRICT CONVENTION
    (CONVENTION AND PROGRAM REVIEW: WT 1-15-96 pages 5-9)

DAY 2
    DAY'S THEME: "Always Offer to God a Sacrifice of Praise"--Hebrews 13:15
    MORNING
    9:30 Music 9:40 Song No. 107 and Prayer 9:50 Be Encouraged by the Day's Text 10:00 SYMPOSIUM: Answering the Call to Praise Jehovah Animate and Inanimate Creation Involved Young and Old Are Responding Doing So as Full-Time Servants 11:00 Song No. 38 and Announcements 11:10 Serving Loyally With Jehovah's Organization (See WT 8-1-97 pages 8-14) 11:30 Becoming Joyful Praisers Through Dedication and Baptism 12:00 Song No. 152 and Intermission AFTERNOON

1:20 Music 1:25 Song No. 106 1:30 Virtue or Vice--Which Do You Pursue? (See WT 7-15-97 pages 8-19) 2:00 Bible Questions and Answers 2:30 Guard Against Snares of the Devil 3:10 Song No. 191 and Announcements 3:20 SYMPOSIUM: Praise Jehovah for Divine Rulership What God's Kingdom Is Doing for Us Now Are You Submitting to Theocratic Rule? 4:10 Why Mankind Needs the Knowledge of God (See WT 1-15-96 pages 10-20) (RELEASE: "Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life" (book)) 4:50 Song No. 42 and Closing Prayer

• TheListener
    TheListener

1994 Convention Day 2, Saturday:

1994 "GODLY FEAR" DISTRICT CONVENTION

(CONVENTION AND PROGRAM REVIEW: WT 1-15-95 pages 24-29)

DAY 2
    DAY'S THEME: "Render Sacred Service With Godly Fear and Awe"--Hebrews 12:28

MORNING

9:30 Music 9:40 Song No. 155 and Prayer 9:50 Benefiting From the Day's Text 10:00 SYMPOSIUM: Congregations Walking in the Fear of Jehovah Meet Together Regularly in Unity Maintain Fine Conduct Declare the Good News Without Letup 11:00 Song No. 19 and Announcements 11:10 The Joy of Jehovah Is Your Stronghold (See WT 1-15-95 pages 10-20) 11:30 Dedication and Baptism in the Fear of Jehovah 12:00 Song No. 13 and Intermission

AFTERNOON

1:40 Music 1:45 Song No. 47 1:50 A People Not Forsaken by Jehovah (See WT 7-1-97 pages 8-13) 2:20 Interesting Bible Questions and Answers 2:50 Read God's Word, the Holy Bible, Daily (See WT 5-1-95 pages 8-19) 3:20 Song No. 180 and Announcements 3:30 SYMPOSIUM: Provisions to Help Those Who Fear Jehovah His Spirit and Word Christ's Ransom and High-Priestly Service The Christian Organization 4:30 Jehovah's Fear-Inspiring Day Is Near (See WT 4-15-95 pages 15-25) 5:00 Song No. 177 and Closing Prayer
  • TheListener
    TheListener

OK the formatting got messed up pretty bad. I will try to fix.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit