Wonderful Words from the CO

by roflcopter 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I just have one question...

When referring to the "last days", are they referring to literal 24 hour days meaning the end MUST come within a year, or are they talking about the "day for a year" prophecy "day" which means the end could be years away, or are they talking about Genesis "days" which are described as very long undetermined periods of time which could go on for thousands or even millions of years?

-Elsewhere, of the Run-on Sentence Class

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Hmmm....and here I was thinking that we were in the second phase of the middle part of the final part of the last days.

"roflcopter" - funny name! Welcome to JWD

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Is is the final part or the final final part of the last days?

When do we get to the final final final part of the final part of the final part of the final part of the last days?

When I hear this I always reply, "so who is the king of the north?"

• unique1
    unique1

That was one of the first things that got me wondering back in the day. I always questioned why Jesus would waste 90 some years of his 1000 year reign just sitting around watching bad stuff happen. It always seemed that if I were given a mere 1000 years to right the earth again, I would start quickly. Just never made sense.

OK so the CO has been meeting with the elders telling them that the congregations have lost their sense of urgency and what can we do to fix that? Well looks like that CO just did, tell them it MAY be the LAST memorial, that the END may be this year!! Urgency is back.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Thirty three years ago we were told at an AAAssembly that we were living in the last hours of this system.

An hour is an hour is an hour. ergo so were the dinosaurs.

HB

• willyloman
    willyloman
    "last days of the last days",

When we get to the last couple of seconds, could somebody email me?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

With the advent of internet, personal computers, this forum, cell phones, plasma & high def tv's, and on and on. It's a great time to be alive. Why can't they get it through thier thick skulls. The Thirteenth & Fourteenth Centuries were times to think the "end was near". Oh No wait! Chucky Russell wasn't alive then. What a bunch of bone-heads

Dismembered

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    OK so the CO has been meeting with the elders telling them that the congregations have lost their sense of urgency and what can we do to fix that? Well looks like that CO just did, tell them it MAY be the LAST memorial, that the END may be this year!! Urgency is back.

Yeah, and I MAY sht a monkey OUT of my ass at the END of the day.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I wonder when we will be in the last of the last days of the last days. This time we`re really, really, really, really, reaaaalllly close. And then the JW-conditoned mind will smile, an insecure grin, but in an instant will start thinking: "What if we really are...maybe the waiting was Gods way of testing us...and these apostates making fun of us...it`s Gods way of testing us....so maybe this really is it...".

Sad, in an extremely funny and neurotic kind of way.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They will never give up these old tricks to motivate the R&F to be more productive in working for the FDS this must be the thousanth time they are saying the end is just round the corner it's unlikely to be more than a year or two so be obedient to jehovah's organisation.

Even worse for them, there is no valid reason to believe that being slaves to the WTS will get them over an armageddon even if it comes soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit