Just finished Crisis of Conscience (first time), now I understand why...

by AuldSoul 17 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I have just completed Crisis of Conscience. Now I understand why my father, the CO, the WTS and every other elder who came to my home asked if I had read the book.

I had not. However, the argumentation styles—up to and including the focus in my letters on the paired issues of candor and humility—as well as the bulk of the Scriptures used by Brother Franz and others were present in my letters.

This shows their hubris to an even greater degree. They cannot imagine a world in which someone can clearly recognize the error of their doctrine without being spoon-fed the errors by dissenters. So, I address the following to the Governing Body:

"You men provided the research tools necessary to obtain a side-by-side comparison of your dogma through the years. Your double-speak is openly available to any who wish to research it. I still have the data from the 1993 CD-ROM, and each intervening CD up to and including the 2005 CD-ROM. You pulled your own pants down and mooned yourself, then you took a picture of it and published it worldwide in many languages.

"You men are arrogant and selfish in your pursuit of organizational interests over the interests of Christ's brothers. You equate the two, but they are not equivalent. The success or failure of a secular tool should be of minor importance compared to the success or failure of a person's relationship with God.

"To you, sirs, I close

'Disdainfully,
    AuldSoul'"

To the forum, thank you all for being here and helping me to make sense of the gross displays of unconcern for the individual sheep I have witnessed first-hand—at the direction of the WTS reprpesentatives.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    "You men provided the research tools necessary to obtain a side-by-side comparison of your dogma through the years. Your double-speak is openly available to any who wish to research it. I still have the data from the 1993 CD-ROM, and each intervening CD up to and including the 2005 CD-ROM. You pulled your own pants down and mooned yourself, then you took a picture of it and published it worldwide in many languages.

Isn't it amazing that they think that no one is intelligent enough to figure it out on their own? I didn't read COC either, until several years after I left!!! What that book did for me was confirm what I already knew basically and then threw in a few more facts....

Swalker

• jojochan
    jojochan
    "You men provided the research tools necessary to obtain a side-by-side comparison of your dogma through the years. Your double-speak is openly available to any who wish to research it.

EXACTLY! which was the point that I was trying to convey when I was on the way out. If only they smelled what they were shoveling.

jojochan.

• juni
    juni

A person has to take their head out of the sand first before the real truth can be understood. This is all part of mind-control. Keep those heads buried in the sand and "if you peek" you're dead.

It takes a huge leap of "faith" or whatever you want to call it to "take a peek".

Sort of like Chicken Little crying, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling."

We were all like Chicken Little at one time.

Juni

• Cellist
    Cellist

It was the same with ourselves. We had already seen the errors of the WTS before we ever read Ray's book. It merely confirmed what we already knew. We didn't get information from any outside sources until after we left.

Cellist

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

I too find it amazing that people assumed I was being fed apostate ideas when all I was doing was asking sincere questions about prophecy issues.

CoC was life changing for me. It was probably the thing that gave me the most peace with my feelings of leaving the org.

so glad it helped you also Auldsoul. You are a treasure around here, so glad you have found your own way through the fog and haze.

-freedomlover

• juni
    juni

Chicken Little " is a story for teaching courage .Don't be a chicken little.
    Don't be afraid.
    The sky is not falling.

Juni

• Severus
    Severus

But where you "honest-hearted"?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

LOL @ Severus! I must have been, mate. I left, didn't I?

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two
    EXACTLY! which was the point that I was trying to convey when I was on the way out. If only they smelled what they were shoveling.

jojochan.

Hehehehhe...The WTS thinks it smells like ROSES!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit