Hello, I was a very, faithful witness until Sept. And here are some points I discovered.
1. The word 'governing body' is not found in the bible
2. The apostles in Jerusalem and older men were only (as far as we know) asked only one thing, and that was to settle the dispute of circumcism, after many years of going back and forth. The WT controls everything.
3. The groups of worshippers were in people's homes and had freedom of interpretation
4. We should have no one governing over us but Jesus. The slave was only supposed to give one another spiritual food.
5. The 1000 year reign is to happen, when he comes at the end of great tribulation and then we will have kings, and priests ruling over us.
Then think he came in 1914, but scholars say no. Br. Russell had some refreshing truths and that is how it got started.