The WTS a religion or a commercial enterprise?

by greendawn 20 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Do you think the WTS is behaving like a religion or like a commercial enterprise (operation) that is aping religion in order to derive profit out of it?

I see them as a business whose imitation of religion is so inept that it can easily be detected.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

They get around this problem with how they use definitions.

They say that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society corporations are *business entities* that are *used by Jehovah's Witnesses*.

The people are the religion and the WTS is the business used by Jehovahs Witnesses.

Basically they are splitting legal hairs and trying to have it both ways at the same time. We know this because when the WTS is sued they claim they are a religion and immune due to the first amendment. However at the same time the WTS tells Jehovahs Witnesses to *never* say they represent the WTS.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

since i looked at the australian financial report that elsewhere found on the web, and saw that the "charitable works" of the multi million dollar organization only spent just over 1,000 bux...its obvious its a business..

heres that financial report if anyones not seen it yet.

http://www.reexamine.info/docs/2005_financial_statements_and_reports_for_watchtower_of_australia.pdf

• greendawn
    greendawn

And another way they are being double faced so as to have their pie and eat it, they tell the R&F to work for the org because it is jehovah's own org, but on the other hand that small inner circle want to fully control it because it is legally their corporation and no one else should or has the right to meddle in its affairs.

They never give a straight answer to the question: is this jehovah's organisation or is it the organisation of a few hundred shareholders and those that they appoint to run it?

If their yes is not a yes and their no is not a no and they keep replying yes and no then something very dodgy is going on.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I just wish the tax agencies the world over would figure out they are big bucks business!

• Phil
    Phil

I am sure that there are countries in the world that see through the screen. Some do something about it and others not. The USA is so political that any suggestion that adversly affect or violate the constitution in the remotest way would be suicide for that person or party. I wish there were a way. THey are certainly a caniving group of individuals. I would like to know how the principals live. Someone up there in the hierarchy is living high on the hog. I have not read anywhere the details of the remuneration that exists among the top executive branch. It seems to be very well hidden.

• greendawn
    greendawn

In France they realised what they are really up to and slammed them hard after reports that they were breaking up families and letting children die by denying them blood in emergencies. They have to pay lots of taxes and are denied the status of religion altogether. They are labelled as a cult and they went to the European court over these issues but lost.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

For a religious organisation they act more consistently like any commercial organisation...they have a management structure, they have a direct sales team with a formidable sales management function. I have to hand it to them for something...they have one hell of a business model!

DB74

• james_woods
    james_woods

Perhaps you are right, DiamondBlue, but it seems that even that business model may be getting a little threadbare. Selling off the keystone properties, cutting back publications, etc...all the time squeezing the conventions for more money.

What would have happened to Amway if they just suddenly decided to give away their stuff for voluntary donations rather than sell it honestly and charge sales tax?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Perhaps you are right, DiamondBlue, but it seems that even that business model may be getting a little threadbare. Selling off the keystone properties, cutting back publications, etc...all the time squeezing the conventions for more money.

What would have happened to Amway if they just suddenly decided to give away their stuff for voluntary donations rather than sell it honestly and charge sales tax?

If they were listed on the exchange there would be a lot of concerned shareholders....did someone whisper Enron...BCCI or Maxwell....no...ah well must just be me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit