Pedophilia with 3-year old slave girls in the Bible!

by mike87 37 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Psalm 137:9 How blessed will be the one who grabs your babies and smashes them on a rock!

By the rivers of Babylon, where we sat down, ... How blessed will be the one who grabs your babies and smashes them on a rock.

• Shining One
    Shining One

Forsc,

If that was a direct Hebrew translation it could very well be an error like you speculate. Hebrew has no numbering system as it relies on it's alphabet to write out the numerals. BTW, if our Islamic wacko is still looking over the threads, I have a question for him to ponder: how old was Mohammed's last wife? LOL

Rex

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Um...unless penises were extremely small back then, wouldn't that kill a 3 year old girl?

• Forscher
    Forscher
    if our Islamic wacko is still looking over the threads, I have a question for him to ponder: how old was Mohammed's last wife?

That was the best point on the whole thread Rex. Kudos to you!
    Forscher

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

This is not Israel, and this is not 2,000 years ago. Supposedly, we're better than that now.

CG

• Narkissos
  • hallelujah
    hallelujah

Just as there is unfortunately pedophilia in the modern world, there was most certainly pedophilia in the biblical times. The fact that it is not condemned by the bible is itself outrageous.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Just wanted to point out that the link I gave in my former post is a highly informative read, which puts the Talmudic debate, among other things, into perspective.

Each culture considers its current values and practices as a norm; we have become so bright as to consider ours as a norm by which to judge the entire world history.

That's laughable but woe to whoever laughs about it.

• Raphael
    Raphael

Several Psalms shock those familiar with New Testament teachings. The Pslam writers didn't hesitate to demand Gods justice and make vivid suggestios on how he might carry it out.

To understand the words of anger and vengeance we need to understand several things:

1 - Personal and national suffering. The Israelites were often unable to take revenge themselves and are asking God to intervene. Because few of us have suffered intense cruelty , we find it difficult to grasp these out bursts.

2 - If we dare to write down our thoughts while being unjustly attacked or suffering cruelty i.e "seeing our own children being hacked to death by an enemy " we might be shocked at our own bold desire for vengeance.These ancient writers did not have Jesus command to "love your enemies". We are challenged today as Christians to pay back good for evil,but until we respond to this challenge , we will never know how much we need Gods help to forgive others.

3 - The vengeance Pslams are intense and graphic ,but they are directed at God. He is boldly told how disapointing it is when he turns his back on his people or acts too slowly. These thouhts are sincerely expressed , the Psalm writers freely spoke their minds to God , having confidence that he could sort out what was meant and what was felt...

On the other issue of paedophilia....

• Raphael
    Raphael

....Deuteronomy 20 , discusses in some detail the issue of war under Mosaic Law....

Interestingly in most instances verse 10 commands the army to make an offer of peace to their enemies, only if the offer was refused did they lay siege to that city ...

Deuteronomy 21: 10 - 14 deals with the issue of captive women ....it speaks of "women" not little girls.

Young children , who may have been orphaned by the israelite army and carried into captivity would have been protected under the laws dealing with widows and orphans . Exodus 22 : 21 - 24 says " Do not ill - treat an alien or oppress him...do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan, if you do and they cry out to me , I will certainly hear their cry. My anger will be aroused and I will kill you with sword : your wives will become widows and your children fatherless."

Children would also have been protected from Paedophilia under laws dealing with incest - which was forbidden under penalty of death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit