Are all members of the GB American??

by Frog 21 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

There's no reason why they have to become naturalized to live in the US and do 'volunteer' work for a non-profit organization. I know of many people from other countries that work and live in the US legally that aren't required to become US citizens. Similar arrangements are made for non-profit organizations to use volunteers from other countries.

I bet a more careful look at the US laws governing non-profit organizations would show that it is not necessary to give up your citizenship.

I know of several ex-JWs on JWD that are citizens of another country and work in the US legally and have for several years.

Blondie

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

My dad has been living in the U.S for about 30 years now and just recently received his U.S citizenship. He was just too lazy to fill out all the paperwork he always said.

• Frog
    Frog

oh well, that blows my theory...and I really thought I was on to something there :(

• mjs mouse, ben
    mjs mouse, ben

I was going to say that they might not all be American, but they're all white.....until I saw the pic of HERD, when did the WTBTS start recognizing affimative action?......never heard of HERD before, lol

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is interesting to note that seven out of the current eleven GB members are post 1935 (though in fact Pierce and Herd were alive in 1935 but as infants).

The point is that all GB members apart from an Austrian are of an Anglosaxon background whether American, British or Australian and that is something that needs a lot of analysis given that the JWs are a multinational lot apart from being supposedly God's organisation. The GB make up doesn't reflect those claims.

It is also interesting that according to the WTS charter only North Americans (USA, and Canada I suppose) can be shareholders in this corporation.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes definitely crying out for some Spanish, Eastern European and Japanese blood.

Greenlees was British also

• greendawn
    greendawn

Even the pope's cardinals come (and always did in the past) from all parts of the catholic world so there is something seriously wrong with the JWs as far as their senior administration is concerned. It is almost purely of an anglosaxon protestant background.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Cardinals of the Catholic Church have still a huge European bias though - although it is slowly changing

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Geoffrey Jackson is Australian (Tasmania).

LOL...glad you 'qualified' the Australian bit!!!

Don't worry, many mainlanders downunder think the apple isle has been cast adrift!

• blondie
    blondie
    It is also interesting that according to the WTS charter only North Americans (USA, and Canada I suppose) can be shareholders in this corporation.

In 2000 the GB members separated themselves legally from any part in the corporations, greendawn.

haha, ozziepost. In the US, people make the same mistake with Hawaii. When visiting, they tell the people living there "back in the States" leaving Hawaii out of the US. Correct response, "mainland." People in the US also have asked people visiting New Mexico if they were getting a passport for that.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit