Child Custody - Help Please!

by FuzzyDice 10 Replies latest social relationships

• FuzzyDice
    FuzzyDice

I'm worried my JW sister is up to something. It brought up an argument with my JW mother. I need a source for court records regarding cases where JW family attempt to take custody from non-JW's of thier minor children. Court documents only, no news articles, because we all know whenever the news mentions JW's in a less than spectacular shining light it is the devil himself writing it. I also DESPRATELY need a copy of the borg literature on how to speak in a custody dispute. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• GoingGoingGone
  • blondie
    blondie

Fuzzydice, I would only worry if I had an ex-JW husband who might sue for custody. If you are a good mother in the eyes of the community, I doubt that any JW would succeed in taking away a child from a non-jw relative just on the basis of religion. In the state I live in, grandparents, aunts and uncles don't have much status in custody issues unless the parent is a danger to themselves and their child(ren).

Blondie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Another poster is going through such a case at this moment. She even posted a video of an Elder lying in court to help the JW get custody.

Does anyone remember who the poster is and were we can find a link to the thread?

• blondie
    blondie

alamb, and she is dealing legally with custody regarding an ex-husband although his parents are interfering with the situation.

Check the laws in your state regarding custody issues with someone other than a legal parent. You will find that their rights, (grandparents, aunts, uncles) are severely limited.

Blondie

• FuzzyDice
    FuzzyDice

I'm the custodial father, my daughter spends both full weekends in addition to 3 nights a week with me (5 nigths total), but really we split time 50/50 since her mother watches her during the day while I work. My ex is xJW as am I, and we just split. Our child is 2. Here's the complicated part. The ex was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder as an adolecent. The ex's JW mother contacted my JW family to tell them this. The ex's JW grandmother subsequently, in good faith introduced herself to my JW sister at a circuit assembly a few weeks ago. My sister interrogated her about what kinds of medical treatment the ex is seeking, medications, mental health history... It left the grandmother with the feeling I or my family was trying to take full custody. My ex stopped speaking to me for a week thinking I was trying to take custody!

• FuzzyDice
    FuzzyDice

That link to the child custody brocure has no info. I'm seeking a hard copy anyway. Thank you all for the support. I'm not too concerned about our extended family getting custody. Me and my ex are unified when she came around and realized it was just more JW bullcrap drama than ME. Thank god... I'm trying to make a point with my mother, she doesn't believe JW's routinely try to take custody away from non-JW family.

• blondie
    blondie

Having a mental illiness and having an untreated mental illness that is dangerous to others is a different thing. If those JW elatives think theyr can take away your child on that basis, they're idiots. JWs can be so arrogant.

Blondie

• FuzzyDice
    FuzzyDice

Well, there ya go. She's not seeking treatment.

• FuzzyDice
    FuzzyDice

Even still, I am NOT that threatened by my sister, I'm more pissed off. As I said me and the ex are unified against the JW relatives on both sides. Even if she has BPD, which commonly is a threat to children of those with BPD, in some rare cases BPD's are excellent parents. My ex is one of those. I honestly don't know another mother who is better to thier child than my ex. Sure, she does impulsive things, but so far nothing that would endanger the welfare or health of our daughter. She has no stable income, and she needs help with food and diapers and such, but I can provide those things. But I'm really drawing the line at paying for her cell phone bill, even if it is her only phone. Umm, sorry, rambling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit