Should I go on this cruise? Help!

by daystar 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Brigid
    Brigid

Sounds to me like just a detour in your long-term goals and definitely not a derailment. As long as you have someone competent to care for your son while you're away (or perhaps you are taking him), I'd say, it's not even a question--Go for it!!

A journey not taken can haunt and you never know who, what or where these journies can lead.

Love and Light,

~Brigid

• daystar
    daystar

Thanks everyone! Your input really does help me to put things into perspective. And they've also given me some ideas that has made the decision easier to make. I do need a vacation. I know this. But... as much as I need it, I also need to make sure the more important things are taken care of first.

So... I'm going to pass this opportunity by. But, I am going to allow myself to take some sort of vacation this year. Just a less expensive one.

And as much as I love my son, I really need a vacation away from everything. But I doubt I'd be able to stay away for an entire week. Hell, I miss him like crazy when he's only gone for two days to his mother's.

So, I'm thinking some sort of a camping/road trip would suffice. Maybe I'll take my son out west for a father/son vacation for a few days and then bring him back home and spend a few days on my own or with a few friends, camping.

In any case, thanks for all the suggestions and advice. You guys are great!

Lady Lee, don't think your advice is going to waste. I do intend to go on a cruise at some point in the near future and you have actually answered some questions that I had before this offer came up. Thank you so much!

• damselfly
    damselfly

Well you've already reached a conclusion without my expertise. Here it is anyway! Heehee.

You do need time away to recharge yourself. I wish that I had the opportunity to do so after my separation it would have done wonders. It drains all your energy.

Great idea on the camping/road trip that's my favorite type of vacation!

Dams

• daystar
    daystar

Damn Dams!! You tied me at 2557 posts! (Gotta get ahead! )

Yeah, I really love camping as well. I prefer to have a warm body in the sleeping bag with me, but que sera!

• damselfly
    damselfly

You must go camping at once so I get a big lead on you. Go on now, GO!!

Dams

• xjwms
    xjwms

daystar

Good move.........a less $$$ trip and include your son ... is a great choice.

When you do go on a cruise, go with someONE special. It will be more rewarding. Then spending $$$ will be a good thing.

A friend of mine just got back from a cruise.... call drinks are 8. - 10.. each... and ports of call will cost the big bucks.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Lady Lee, don't think your advice is going to waste. I do intend to go on a cruise at some point in the near ;future and you have actually answered some questions that I had before this offer came up. Thank you so much!

Absolutely not a problem. If it helped make you final decision or any future decision that's great.

Added bonus for me was remembering some of the good things about my now estranged husband.

• daystar
    daystar

dams

Argh!! Must... post... more... I just hope the mods don't "Minimus" me for it.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Don't go! Tight wads never have fun on a cruise, cause they're always worring about spending...then they stew over the spent money once its over. Stay home and fret over how much you would have loved to have gone..'

carmel

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Here's my take on a cruise...you have to be pretty laid back or have lots of friends with you when you go. I've been on a number of cruises and don't really want to go on another one. I like to set my own pace and schedules are pretty set on ships. You have to be at dinner at a specific time, dress a certain way, get off the boat when they say, get back on the boat at the correct time or they sail without you. They only allow you 2 hours to go shopping in port, which isn't nearly enough time! And the list goes on. Most of the rooms are tiny, unless you want to fork out a ton of money..My ex finally refused to go on another one!!! I always had an o.k. time...but when on vacation...I like to do what I feel like!!! (Now that you decided not to go, that might make you feel better!)

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit