What would have been the reaction of the brothers and sisters if.....

by JH 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Imagine, if it was possible, if you could go back in time, some 20 or 30 or even 50 years in the past, and telling the Witnesses back then, that by 2006, absolutely nothing the Watchtower predicted would happen.

What do you think would have been their reaction?

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Sorry, but this system of things simply cannot go on the way it is. After all, according to bible chronology, 1975 is the end of the 6,000 years of mankind's history and the beginning of Christ's 1000 year reign in the new system of things in which only true believers (JWs) will live, having survived armageddon.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

The same blank stare that you get when you show them the incriminating evidence of their past today.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    What do you think would have been their reaction?

They would look at me as if I was from outer space!

Do you know how many people in my old hall that said some like......'I never thought so-and -so would even go to school letalone graduate from it'!

• Highlander
    Highlander

Do you know how many people in my old hall that said some like......'I never thought so-and -so would even go to school letalone graduate from it'!

I'm embarrased to say this, but when I was in Junior high I had the attitude that I didn't need to go to college or even worry about graduating High School because

I knew for certain, that the 'new system' would be here first. I'm not proud of that moment, but am proud of my eyes being opened to this cult.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

You would probably be labeled an apostate.

• Spectre
    Spectre

What would be interesting is to go back 40 years ago or so and talk to Ray Franz......

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Highlander- embarrassing is an accurate description for anyone having been a witless, and so much more so for those of us who put our lives on hold while trusting in the organization's claims and predictions. The important thing is that we now know better. So sad...for those still ensnared, but not for the many who are haughty and so self-righteous.

• KW13
    KW13

Your a nutter, you can't travel in time

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

No the question is would you shoot rutherford if you knew you'd get away with it and still get born (many peoples parents wouldn't have met if not for the truth)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit