"Reasonable Service!"

by Atlantis 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Are the righteous requirements the Lord expects "reasonable?" Not according to the Watchtower! This is just another example of how the Watchtower deceives members into believing that what "they" expect of JWs is actually what the Lord expects. Watchtower-1943-July-1st-p.-204 "Sometimes faithful servants of the Lord are hard pressed, and are striving hard to meet the righteous requirements. It would not be manifesting love to encourage that servant to ease up and rest for a while, suggesting that the Lord expects "reasonable service." http://www.hostmypic.info/uploads/1c135da238.jpg Cheers!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Yeah I'd like to see some scriptual backing for that. I hate the way the twist stuff!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Yeah I'd like to see some scriptual backing for that. I hate the way the twist stuff!

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

I'm going to go throw-up now.

• Leolaia
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

BTW, the article cited by Atlantis has the following infamous statement towards its conclusion:

The Lord through his "faithful and wise servant" now states to us, "Let us cover our territory four times in six months." That becomes our organization instructions and has the same binding force on us that his statement to the Logos had when he said, "Let us make man in our image." It is our duty to accept this additional instruction and obey it. But someone will say, "The conditions are different. In the case of the Logos, he could accomplish what Jehovah commanded him to do; but when it comes to covering our territory four times in six months, that is out of all reason. We have never covered it more than once or, at the most, twice in six months. It just can't be done." We have all heard that argument before. And if it were true it would look bad indeed, and would imply that the Lord was asking us to do something that is impossible for us to accomplish. The children of Israel walked around Jericho seven times the last day.
  • luna2
    luna2

The Lord through his "faithful and wise servant" now states to us, "Let us cover our territory four times in six months." That becomes our organization instructions and has the same binding force on us that his statement to the Logos had when he said, "Let us make man in our image."

Well, there ya go...unbelieveable. Covering the f**king territory a zillion times as directed by a bunch of imbeciles in Brooklyn should be given as much importance as Jehoho talking about creating mankind with Jesus. Uh huh. Alrighty then.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Just substitute "covering territory" with "drinking Kool-Aid" and, well, you get the point.....

w59 5/1 p. 269 pars. 6-7 Attain Completeness in the New World Society ***

The whole body under the direction of the head moves and acts as a beautifully co-ordinated unit, perfectly organized. In the same way Christ, the Head, employs the organization that is his body to carry out his assigned work. His orders reach the whole of the organization on earth through the governing body, and on down through the Branches to the congregations.—1 Cor. 12:12-18; Matt. 24:45-47. To hold to the headship of Christ, it is therefore necessary to obey the organization that he is personally directing. Doing what the organization says is to do what he says. Resisting the organization is to resist him.

• gumby
    gumby
    The Lord through his "faithful and wise servant" now states to us, "Let us cover our territory four times in six months." That becomes our organization instructions and has the same binding force on us that his statement to the Logos had when he said, "Let us make man in our image."

Holy Shitsky Leolaia...in all my years out I don't remeber ever seeing this one. This is a friggin classic! The only statement I heard that came close to this one was the one that said '1925 was a date more solid than gods words to Noah'.

Excellent find!

Gumby

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Here is the passage, Gumbastard...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit