Memorial leaflet drop experiment

by slimboyfat 8 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I remember reading about a congregation where there was a delay in the arrival of their memorial invitations. Ended up they only got them the day before the memorial - so the elders decided that, because there was no time to hand them out leisurely to random calls, return visits and interested ones as usual, they would do something different. They decided just to do a leaflet drop in the area of the Kingdom Hall with the thousands of leaflets - with the address and time on them - without knocking the door or talking to the householder. It turned out it was a great success and they had many more times the number of people turn up than usual.

You would think they might make a rather obvious deduction - simple leaflet drops may be more effective than normal ministry in at least getting some new people into the Kingdom Hall to start with. Why the Society reported the experience, but did not follow up by instructing that others adopt the strategy is rather odd. They are too stuck in their ways I suppose.

So I was thinking of doing my own experiment. What if I delivered a few thousand invitations to the memorial in the neighbourhood just to see how many extra turn up? Would be interesting, if there was a real influx of newcomers, how the congregation would react...

• Honesty
    Honesty

The WTBTS does not want a lot of visitors to any one meeting because there may be some 'independant thinkers' in attendance who may publicly pose some embarrassing questions that may jump start the JW's minds.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    They decided just to do a leaflet drop in the area of the Kingdom Hall with the thousands of leaflets - with the address and time on them

I dropped my leaflet in the toilet after I wiped my butt with it.

So I was thinking of doing my own experiment. What if I delivered a few thousand invitations to the memorial in the neighbourhood just to see how many extra turn up?

Why would you wanna do that? They know the memorial is a chance for them to prey on newly interested ones. Don't give them that satisfaction!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Drop these instead: jwinfo.8m.com/activism.htm

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Why would you wanna do that? They know the memorial is a chance for them to prey on newly interested ones. Don't give them that satisfaction!

Or maybe offer them the opportunity for everlasting life. I don't think Jehovah's Witnesses think of themselves as "preying" on anyone.

Man, apostates are so up-tight. Jehovah's Witnesses are not all bad, you know. People could do worth things of an evening than attend their local Kingdumb Hall.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Or maybe offer them the opportunity for everlasting life.

Or better yet, "everlasting brainwashing" ?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Man, apostates are so up-tight. Jehovah's Witnesses are not all bad, you know.

It's not the JWs I'm worried about, it's the innocent victims getting sucked into a cult.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    It's not the JWs I'm worried about, it's the innocent victims getting sucked into a cult.

You see, that is where you lose me. What exactly were the JWs before they joined? And as soon as the "innocent victims" join - are they then suddenly as "culpable" as the rest of the rascals?

That way of seeing things is mixed up.

• rebel8
    rebel8

slim, I don't think the question of when innocence is lost matters to the point the other poster was trying to make, at least as I understood it. I think he means he places more importance upon not encouraging the unsuspecting public to join the JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit