Sweden to be 100% oil free for energy production by 2020

by greendawn 20 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Just imagine rows and rows of Windmills in the Great Plains and great ways to store this - and then more solar cells in Arizona, Texas, California etc -and cars running on electricty (mainly) - and being 100% energy independant - harnessing wave power in the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean.

Just being able to walk away from the Middle East and letting them get on wwith their own affairs

• willy_think
    willy_think

I think that is the best political news I’ve heard all year.

I hope thay can do it without geting into nuke energy. The storing of extremely hazardous waste material for a period of time that is over 7 times longer then recorded history seems like a bad idea to me.

• mariposa
    mariposa

Good article...looks like a couple other countries are trying to use other sources of power too. I wish we could have some sort of timeline like that here in the u.s. We could sure use it!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

[removed]

These smaller (and smarter) countries will have a much easier time doing these things! That's not to say I'm not all for it I am! I wish someone would come up with a good renewable resource that would work here where SIZE does matter! When electric cars came out I went and looked at one and guess what? I couldn't get to work AND BACK on one charge! So I couldn't get one! I think the Hybrids are a great start! I think a BETTER start would be to vote any politician in Washington with ANY connection to oil out of office RIGHT NOW! Starting with big Dubba but that's not going to happen today (which is a shame) I would love to see it but I don't think its realistic at this point!

[removed]

• ballistic
    ballistic

I find your abuse unwarranted and totally out of proportion.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I think the U.S. "oil" future lies in farming....specifically soybean oil as an alternative fuel. (Kiss the middle-east goodbye)..

Look at the car some high-schoolers put together using soybean oil:

http://www.driveusa.net/future_cars.htm

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

That is fantastic...hope the rest of the world pays attention!!!

(It's hard to know whether someone is joking online or not unless you use one of these to post your emotions...)

Just glad to know that most people agree that we need other resources besides oil...

Swalker (Wants to keep the islands above water....)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

why the abuse on a great thread?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

hey don't start the name calling unless your ready to throw down...

• Angharad
    Angharad

mkr32208

Read the forum guidelines, abuse like that is not welcome here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit