Messianics

by Jehoshua 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Jehoshua
    Jehoshua

Also,

Thomas said "MY KURIOS AND MY THEOS" because he was acknowledging the fact that both his Lord Messiah (Jesus) and his GOD (Yahweh Elohim) were at work...

These are rather elementary ideas that good exegesis will prove rather quickly if we have a good concordance and an accurate MSS.

With great love though, may Yahweh Elohim rebuke you with love,

• Jehoshua
  • Honesty
    Honesty

You're singing to the choir here.

Most of us were indoctrinated with the same arguments by the WATCHTOWER BIBLE and TRACT SOCIETY for years. A common denominator of cults is that they deny Christ's diety.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Oh well, maybe he'll look up the scriptures I cited for him and let them talk to his heart instead of allowing a recording to steal it from him.

• kid-A
    kid-A

With great love though, may Yahweh Elohim rebuke you with love,

And may the bird of paradise fly up your nose!!! Yahoo!!!

May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose

May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose (Neal Merritt) One fine day as I was walkin' down the street Met a beggar man with rags upon his feet Took a penny from my pocket, In his tin cup I did drop it And I heard him say as I made my retreat. cho: May the bird of paradise fly up your nose May an elephant caress you with his toes May your wife be plagued with runners in her hose May the bird of paradise fly up your nose. I was way behind one day to catch a train Taxi driver, "said we'll make it just the same" But a speed cop made it with us And as he wrote out the ticket I stood by politely waitin' for my change. CHORUS Well, my laundry man is really on his toes Found a hundred dollar bill among my clothes When he called me, I came runnin' Gave him back his dime for phonin' And I heard him sayin' as I turned to go. CHORUS Recorded by Little Jimmy Dickens GG apr97
  • Jehoshua
    Jehoshua

"Most of us were indoctrinated with the same arguments by the WATCHTOWER BIBLE and TRACT SOCIETY for years. A common denominator of cults is that they deny Christ's diety.

How exactly do you prove this statement? Is there some sort of universal Athanasian doctrinal statement that says that anyone denying the deity of Christ is a cult?

I find that appalling... Good bye.

For those who have ears to listen, you will know the truth and the truth will set you free..

I find it funny that there is not one text in the WHOLE bible that CLEARLY jumps out and says that "JESUS CHRIST IS GOD ALMIGHTY" and yet people are prone to believe it anyway...

THE SON OF GOD, yes...

Do you see?

THE SON OF GOD.... Luke 1:32... Gabriel was not a trinitarian! HOLY SPIRIT WILL COME UPON YOU MARY, AND FOR THAT REASON, THE CHILD WILL BE CALLED SON OF GOD!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Research the internet and libraries for traits of a religious cult and you will discover the answer:

One characteristic that is found in all cults is false teaching about the person of Jesus Christ in the light of historical biblical Christianity. The Apostle Paul warned about following after "another Jesus" (2 Corinthians 11:4) who is not the same Jesus who is revealed in Scripture. The "Jesus" of the cults is always someone less than the Bible's eternal God who became flesh, lived here on earth, and died for our sins.

The Bible makes it clear that Jesus was God in human flesh, second person of the Holy Trinity, who lived a sinless life on earth and died as a sacrifice for the sins of the world. Three days after His crucifixion, Jesus rose bodily from the dead. Fifty days afterward He ascended into heaven, where He now sits at the right hand of the Father, interceding on behalf of believers. He will, one day, return bodily to planet earth and judge the living and the dead while setting up His eternal Kingdom.

The Jesus of the cults is not the Jesus of the Bible.

According to the theology of the Jehovah's Witnesses, Jesus did not ex­ist as God from all eternity but was rather the first creation of Jehovah God. Before coming to earth, He was Michael the Archangel, the head of all the angels. He is not God.

The Mormon Church does not accept the unique deity of Jesus Christ. He is, to them, one of many gods, the "first-born spirit child," spiritually conceived by a sexual union between the heavenly Father and a heaven­ly mother. He was also the spirit-brother of Lucifer in His preexistent state. His incarnation was accomplished by the physical union of the heavenly Father and the human Mary.

No matter what the particular beliefs of any cult may be, the one com­mon denominator they all possess is a denial of the biblical teaching on the deity of Jesus Christ.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Thank you for the websites..I will visit them tonight..

Jesus is definately NOT God....thank you

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Jesus is definately NOT God....thank you

What do these scriptures mean to you?

Isaiah 9:6 For a child will be born for us, a son will be given to us, and the government will be on His shoulders. He will be named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Jer 32:18 You show faithful love to thousands but lay the fathers’ sins on their sons’ laps after them, great and mighty God whose name is the Lord of Hosts

Hosea 13:4 I have been the Lord your God ever since the land of Egypt; you know no God but Me, and no Savior exists besides Me.

Isaiah 43:11 I, I am the Lord , and there is no other Savior but Me.

Acts 4:11-12 This [Jesus] is The stone despised by you builders, who has become the cornerstone. There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.”

Acts 2:21 then whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

• Honesty
    Honesty

A little information on the leader of "Restoration Fellowship":

http://www.tribwatch.com/aquarian.htm

The king or queen of England, as the head of the Anglican church, is considered a Jew by blood. That's the sort of scam that we are dealing with here, promoted naively by various Christian groups as well as by the cults. Anthony Buzzard came out of the Worldwide Church of God, which you may recall as the cult led by Herbert Armstrong, the propagandizer on your television screen for Plain Truth magazine and British Israelism. Buzzard started his own cult called "Restoration Fellowship" (a name again having the Kingdom-Now twang), and as the name implies, he seeks to restore, as do all the cults, 1st-century Christianity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit