If you were still a good JW, would you be tired of waiting?

by JH 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

If you were still a good JW, would you be tired of waiting, and discouraged that not much of what the Watchtower predicted happened yet?

Does the Watchtower just expect every JW to smile and wait forever?

• anewme
    anewme

That was it in a nutshell JH. I kept thinking Im 50 years old. Im absolutely miserable. Ive been serving this org since my youth. What if I wait until I am 70 years old and still miserable?

Who can I blame then????? What good will it do then?????

I was in a panic and went to see a therapist.

That was the first time anyone ever opened the door so to speak and helped me to see I had choices.

Choices? What are they? We are not offered choices in the Society. It is their way or the highway Buddy.

The door was open. Would I have the guts to go through it?

I did and now after a while with the help of this forum am finding freedom and peace within.

I am no longer waiting for happiness. I am finding it everyday.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"If you were still a good JW, would you be tired of waiting, and discouraged that not much of what the Watchtower predicted happened yet?"

I dunno about me... but I can tell ya that I think my JW siblings may be beginning to think... or not.

When I was at my mother's funeral a couple of years ago, I overheard my older sister saying, "Well... we all thought that the 'new system' would be here by now..."

And now, one of my other sisters has got cancer - really bad - my older sister is still trying vainly to keep a 'stiff upper lip' so to speak.

It's sad really. They are all in their mid to upper 50's. Stayed at home - single - waiting for that magical 'new system'... now they're all just a bunch of spinsters - dying off one by one... never knowing the joys of living their own lives.

"Does the Watchtower just expect every JW to smile and wait forever?"

Yes. - and keep sending in them dollars... gotta support the 'preaching work', ya know.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Clam
    Clam
    When I was at my mother's funeral a couple of years ago, I overheard my older sister saying, "Well... we all thought that the 'new system' would be here by now..."

That struck a chord TX. I heard something similar from by JW bro-in-law at a funeral. The rest of the post helped sum up the poignancy of the whole thing. Living ones life in the expectation that the end of the world is about to come. It's a big investment and a lot of people refuse to sell out. In that way it's like a stock that offers the world but can't even pay a dividend.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's not just a matter of waiting but of having invested a great deal in the org because the end is so near, and then such a heavy investor JW will find it hard to believe that the end is still far and all his/her investments are pointless, that s/he has been conned.

So they will want to believe and the FDS knows that they are predisposed in that way so they keep on saying the end is near though according to their new generation definition it may well be very far off. They are playing the usual mind games.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

They're thinking, well we've come this far...we don't want to give up now!

I agree with Anewme! Cut the losses and get on with enjoying the life God meant for us to enjoy!

• Spectre
    Spectre

Hell yes!

But then, after I left, I heard about the "new light" about the 1914 generation back around 6 or so years ago, I rolled my eyes at that one. If I hadn't already left. that might have sent me to the door.

• serendipity
    serendipity

My relatives view it as a test of faith. "Do not tire out."

• Honesty
    Honesty
    If you were still a good JW, would you be tired of waiting?

I would be tired but still waiting because I would still be a prisoner of the WATCHTOWER.

Thank God, I am finally free.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Here in Dakota the definition of a good Jehovah's Witness is never getting tired of waiting.

The dictionary definition of a Jehovah's Witness is: "One who is good at waiting."
    and waiting

and waiting

and waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit