Blood transfusion = rape article

by ThomasCovenant 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Honesty
    Honesty

The only reason for the no blood policy by the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses is it allows them to legally offer human sacrifices up on the Watchtower altar to their demon god, Satan.

• LDH
    LDH
    Would any Christian woman, young or old, passively submit to rape, even if there were a legal grant that the fornication by sexual assault be carried out?

I wasn't feeling too badly this morning until I read this drivel.

• Clam
    Clam

Interesting they're using rape as an example. Their Jehovah doesn't seem to be too worried about if from a victim perspective, eg

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

(Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

When it came to the women ( and young girls) of the Israelites' enemies, well . . . . . too many to post.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Well you can consent to missionary position, 69 or doggy just not all at the same time! That would be wrong...

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Still can't get over the huge leaps in WT doctrine. My favorite mental exercise was in trying to figure out why we no longer followed Mosaic Law and the Old Testament, but we were always given rules to follow that were straight out of the OT.

Seriously, no rhyme or reason to what is still law from the OT and what is no longer followed.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

* km 11/90 p. 6 pars. 34-37 Are You Ready to Face a Faith-Challenging Medical Situation? ***

Several other questions often asked by doctors or judges are:

• "What will happen to you if a transfusion is forced by court order? Will you be held responsible?"

• "Will accepting or having a transfusion forced on you cause you to be put out of your religion or be denied eternal life? How will you be viewed by your congregation?"

One sister responded to a judge that in such a case she would not be responsible for what he decided. While correct from one point of view, the judge took it to mean that since she would not be held responsible, then he would take the responsibility for her. He ordered a transfusion.

You must understand that in asking these questions, some are usually looking for a way around your refusal to accept blood. Do not inadvertently give it to them! So how would we avoid that misunderstanding? You could reply:

• "If blood is forced on me in any way, it would be the same to me as being raped. I would suffer the emotional and spiritual consequences of that unwanted attack on me for the rest of my life. I would resist with all my strength such a violation of my body without my consent. I would make every effort to prosecute my attackers just as I would in a case of rape."

The strong, graphic impression must be made that a forced transfusion is to us a repugnant violation of our bodies. It is no casual matter. So hold your ground. Make it clear you want alternative nonblood medical management.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    One sister responded to a judge that in such a case she would not be responsible for what he decided. While correct from one point of view, the judge took it to mean that since she would not be held responsible, then he would take the responsibility for her. He ordered a transfusion.

Which was undoubtedly what she intended... Good for her!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit