Mad rant about bad movies thread!!!!!!

by mentalist 8 Replies latest social humour

• mentalist
    mentalist

Oh you bloody apostates have gone too far this time!Out of sheer disgust i have had to start a new thread to readress the damage done to some perfectly good films.I will not mention names but by the film titles you will know who you are... Blair Witch Project(unique and started a 100 different parodies) Van Helsing(vampires,werewolves,frakenstein etc..what do you people want) Fargo(no comment needed......arghh...the wood chipper scene....) The Last Samaurai(2 hours of quality entertainment) Kill Bill Vol 1(quentin is a genius) Basketball(these boys can do no wrong) American Physco(fan-bloody-tastic) Vanilla Sky (gripping) The Ring(one of the scariest films ever made) and.... and..... AND.... SHOWGIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Jesus wept,what is wrong with you people..i mean..you see everything!) Hang your heads in shame worthless sinners! One last word on the subject..... John Carpenters -Vampires

• Spectre
    Spectre

Yeah, Fargo and Kill Bill are in my top favorite movies.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Fargo(no comment needed......arghh...the wood chipper scene....) The Last Samaurai(2 hours of quality entertainment) Kill Bill Vol 1(quentin is a genius) Basketball(these boys can do no wrong)

LOL, I love Fargo too, one of only about 4 or 5 movies that I have on DVD. But for KB1, well, I've said enough about that one. I just don't get the appeal. I pretty much can't stand noir or comic book movies, however unhip that makes me.

Baseketball just wasn't funny! The film's funniest moment was Bob Costas' reaction to a remark that Al Michaels makes about the cheerleaders. You know you're in trouble when Bob Costas delivers the best laugh.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I loved Kill Bill. I don't really remember Fargo but I think I liked it.

Dams

• Bstndance
    Bstndance
    SHOWGIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Jesus wept,what is wrong with you people..i mean..you see everything

I like showgirls for the camp value. Yeah you see everything but nothing that is really nice to see.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Well Showgirls was my choice for the worst film ever... but it is one of those that's so bad it's good. The sex scene in the swimming pool is hilarious, it was like the dude was shagging an epileptic dolphin.

American Psycho and Fargo are two of my fave films too. Each actors perormance in Fargo was excellent especially William H Macy and Patrick Bateman is Christian Bales' best role to date imo.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Different people have different tastes and even seasoned film critics don't always agree with each other so there is no point in putting down anyone for their way of rating of films. I also like Fargo, American psycho, vanila sky, and the last Samurai.

• lilybird
    lilybird

I thought Kill Bill and Fargo were great movies .... but really,,,,.showgirls was really bad . but my husband liked it for the "fluff" value

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

depending on the THC levels in your blood stream i can see why you think those might be considered " non bad" movies.

but since i'm not a smoker i didnt like any of them except for kill bill, and second hand smoke might have affected my decision on that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit