I Said Goodbye

by Farkel 76 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Farkel, I don't know you very well but I also wanted to say that I'm sorry for your loss. ((((((Farkel)))))

• noidea
    noidea

Farkel,

Such a hard thing to go through. I am so sorry that you are loosing your Father. You are so lucky in that you have had the kind of relationship with him that you do. So many have to live their lives with regrets for not saying what needed to be said or doing what needed to be done. My heart goes out to you, and I will be thinking about you.

• sf
    sf

``warm hug``

Sincerely, sKally

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Words are so inadequate at a time like this. My thoughts are with you and your family, Farkel.

Losing a parent is tough. I lost my father 5 years ago so I understand your pain and what you are going through.

You are loved by many on this board. I hope you can find some comfort in that.

"By doubting we come at truth" -Cicero

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Farkel,

My deepest sympathies go out to you. You are very respected here as you were on the old H2O. That is a testament to the man that your father was-he raised a great guy in you. Please know that my heart goes out tou you and your mom at this time.

Boozy

• teejay
    teejay

Farkle,

I go along with COMF, since I hardly knew my father, either. You're a lucky man to have ... actually known him as a father, and benefitted from his teaching and example. It must be a wonderful thing.Sorry for your loss.

Peace,
    tj

• larc
    larc

Farkel,

Even when we know it is coming, there is no full preparation for this. It is a tough time. My heart is with you.

My father died when I was 40. He was only 61 at the time. In six weeks, I will be 61. I think about this a lot. I try to live by the words that were posted by RipVanWinkel that Erma Bomback wrote.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Farkel,

My heart goes out to you.It's been less than two years since my Dad passed away,so I know those feelings well.I too,am grateful for the chance to say goodbye-can't imagine how I'd feel now if I hadn't.

My thoughts are with you.

Cowboy

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((((Farkel)))))

You are so lucky to have been contacted in time to say those very important words to your dying Dad. (I was not so fortunate.) While this is very difficult for you now, you will be able to pull out that moment and carefully examine it, in all its fullness and emotional richness. In years to come that moment will be a blessing to you. Those tentatively spoken words -- so desperately wanting to have been said long before -- will be among the most important you have ever uttered.

I am happy that you "said Goodbye", and I am sorry for your pain.

outnfree

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

I feel for you Farkel, I hope he wakes up so that you can say goodbye or he wakes up and lives with many more years ahead.

Take care, Spartacus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit